Thursday's gossip column

khay

TRANSFER RUMOURS

Aston Villa have pipped Manchester City to the season-long loan signing of Liverpool keeper Scott Carson. (Various)

Chelsea winger Arjen Robben has been told to explain to the Stamford Bridge fans that he wants to leave before the club will sell him to Real Madrid. (Daily Mirror) The Blues have also demanded that the Dutchman asks for a transfer if he wants to leave the club. (Daily Star)

Birmingham are still hopeful of signing Tottenham striker Mido. (Various)

Aston Villa are set to make a £3m bid for Bolton keeper Jussi Jaaskelainen after Sunderland beat them to Craig Gordon's signature. (Daily Star)

Middlesbrough striker Yakubu has demanded a transfer - and that could pay the way for a £10m move, with Everton leading the chase for him. (Daily Mail)

West Ham hope to complete a deal for Eidur Gudjohnsen before the end of the month after agreeing a £6.7m fee for him with Barcelona. (Various)

And the Hammers still want Nicky Shorey but Reading will not sell until they have found a replacement. (Various)

Everton target Manuel Fernandes says he is happy at Benfica. (Daily Mail)

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez is interested in Real Madrid's Brazilian full-back Cicinho. (The Sun)

Arsenal are set to offer £5m for Chelsea's French under-21 international midfielder Lassana Diarra. (The Sun)

Manchester City boss Sven-Goran Eriksson has held talks with Real Madrid over a cut-price move for striker Atonio Cassano. (The Sun)

Birmingham boss Steve Bruce is hoping to secure Arsenal defender Johan Djourou on a year's loan. (The Sun)

Newcastle boss Sam Allardyce is ready to make a £4m bid for Bolton midfielder Papa Bouba Diop. (Daily Mirror)

But Allardyce has pulled out of a deal for Ivica Dragutinovic after being shocked by the 31-year-old Seville defender's wage demands. (The Times)

Juventus are planning to lure Brazilian midfielder Gilberto Silva from Arsenal in a £4m deal. (Daily Mirror)

West Ham could land Palermo's Mark Bresciano after his move to Manchester City fell through. (The Times)

Derby are hoping to complete a deal for SV Hamburg midfielder Benny Feilhaber but face work permit problems for the US international. (The Times)

Real Madrid's 24-year-old Brazilian right-back has reiterated his desire to join Chelsea. (Various)

Rangers are closing in on Lens striker Daniel Cousin after the French club said he no longer has to play in their home matches. (Daily Record)

OTHER GOSSIP

Newcastle have been the subject of a new takeover bid from a group of Chinese investors - only a month after Mike Ashley's £131m buy-out. (The Sun)

Chelsea captain John Terry has made a quickfire recovery from a knee injury and hopes to face Liverpool on 19 August and be involved in England's Euro 2008 qualifiers in September. (The Sun)

AND FINALLY

Manchester United's new signing Nani will have some explaining to do to manager Sir Alex Ferguson after performing his trademark celebratory somersault following a stunning goal in the 3-0 win against Glentoran on Wednesday. Ferguson, who missed the friendly and another against Dunfermline because his wife forced him to help with a house move, had banned the winger from such a performance because of injury. (Daily Mirror)

Toon in new bid mystery

By IAN McGARRY

August 09, 2007

NEWCASTLE have been the subject of a takeover bid one month after Mike Ashley’s £131million buy-out.

SunSport can reveal a group of Chinese investors negotiated to take over the Toon and hand billionaire Ashley a £20m profit.

An American-based investor also declared an interest in rivalling the Chinese bid.

A Toon insider confirmed: “Ashley got this club relatively cheaply and is now being offered the chance to make a big profit.”

Ashley decided not to sell.

Aye me three. :icon_lol:

Now you can have a go at them Craig. :rolleyes:

:lol: Who needs to have a go at them, it's the Mirror - we know they're full of shit! :blush:

EDIT: in saying that, it's the BBC who've fucked it up - the Mirror's site reports that he plays for Fulham.

As for the takeover thing, complete shite by the gutter press who are still reeling from the fact that they're no longer drip feed information directly from the club. I'm guessing they've heard of Ashley in the past buying stock on the cheap and then selling it on for a profit a little while later.

I don't think for one second he's applying that logic at NUFC and if he was, why dispense with the board and appoint his own chairman? :icon_lol:

If it is true then the fact that Ashley decided not to sell is a massive positive and shows that he is in it for the long run. I'd hazard a guess at it being complete bollocks though.

Guest stevieintoon
I don't buy that takeover story for one minute.

Why not?

Unless MA has a spin doctor with high contacts in the media, because this reflects him and St James Holding Ltd, in a fuckin good light.

I don't buy that takeover story for one minute.

Why not?

Unless MA has a spin doctor with high contacts in the media, because this reflects him and St James Holding Ltd, in a fuckin good light.

It just seems like a made-up story. There was nothing about this before it happened or when it was happening and the net result is nothing has actually changed.

Half of these "insider" stories are normally totally fabricated. Not saying that it necessary has to come from the papers, but they can easily get be messed with, because they like to print everything sensational without further checking.

I blame peasepud.

Edited by Isegrim

Guest stevieintoon
Half of these "insider" stories are normally totally fabricated. Not saying that it necessary has to come from the papers, but they can easily get be messed with, because they like to print everything sensational without further checking.

I blame peasepud.

Is it the same with "Bild" owa there Isegrim?

My gut instinct this story is true by the way.

I blame peasepud.

Maybe to a less extent, but basically yes.

And I think this story is coming from a chinese take away at best...

Guest stevieintoon

I blame peasepud.

Bild is supposed to be like The Sun isn't it. Have you got a Sue Sorts It Out, and Page 3?

I hope the Diop stories are true. We could get him for around 3 million I reckon. We have been crying out for some height and physical presence in the middle of the park for YEARS! We need competition at the defensive midfield position because I think Barton and Geremi would be wasted there, and if anythin happens to Butt then one of them will be put in there. I know Roz can play there and I bet he could do a good job there but I really like the look of him at the back so far and would rather keep him there. Diop brings with him such physical presence that makes him lethal at attacking set pieces and very useful defensively. He can also crack one from some way out and with 2 years Prem experience at a shite team like Fulham and at the ripe age of 29 I reckon he'd be a steely addition to the squad.

I blame peasepud.

Bild is supposed to be like The Sun isn't it. Have you got a Sue Sorts It Out, and Page 3?

They put the tits on the front cover, don't know about the rest as I read neither paper.

Guest stevieintoon

I blame peasepud.

They put the tits on the front cover, don't know about the rest as I read neither paper.

Nadine Jansen?

Papa Bouba Diop would be a great buy, can anyone remember his goal against Man Utd. I'm sure Souness and Saunders got mixed up when they signed Amdy Faye, surely it was him the scout saw for Senegal.

The thing is people saying we have a small squad, I really think we've got a decent squad and I don't think people like Dyer, Geremi, Smith, Barton and further still if we sign Diop, him, would be at all pleased with sitting on the bench. They're all first XI players.

I blame peasepud.

Nadine Jansen?

To be fair you'd need more than just page 3 to feature Nadine Jansen's tits.