PS3 or XBOX 360

wykikitoon

Well, soon I shall be moving into my new house once I have finished working on it.

I was wondering what should I get for gaming wise?

I would like to be able to play on t'net so dunno if the PS3 can do this? I will mostly be playing Footy games and the like, so waht you think?

You can play on-line with the PS3 for free, however there is not a footy game out yet where as the 360 has PES 6 and Football manager.

However Fifa and Pro will be out in the next couple of months for both.

Guest Patrokles

Common consensus is that the PS3 is currently playing catch-up somewhat with the 360 in terms of games, but I imagine it'll level off and become a lot more even soonish. I'm currently going through the same dilemma, tbh. Price might decide it for me. I'll probably end up getting a Wii and 360.

Unless you plan to watch £25 HD versions of films you already own and want the drive included when you first buy, the PS3 offers no advantages over the 360 whatsoever at this time.

And it costs lots more.

Edited by nufc4ever

currently the xbox does a shitty version of hdmi? through composite leads....

the xbox 360 ultra will do all this and more.

i'm waiting for that to hit the shelves.

That statement is completely baffling, HDMI is just a connection. I assume you mean 1080p? Which the VGA cable can do. And composite is pretty much the worst connection you can get.

I bought the missus a Wii. It's great fun but they really need to release some games for it. Hope it'll get there though, like the DS.

If you're going for a 360 I'd wait until the Premiums with HDMI are released over here (no date as yet, already on sale in the US). That way you'll get the best connection and there's a good chance you'll get a much more reliable machine as it'll be using the newest fixes. It might even have the new smaller chipset & quieter DVD drive. This isn't confirmed yet though.

Can't really decide right now... the Xbox seems to have the upper hand, but there are plenty of cons. Mainly the joypad... can't stand it.

The PS3 also has issues mainly price and their bluray fixation.

It's more likely i'll get a PS3 though, but won't have to make a decision until April when GTA4 comes out

currently the xbox does a shitty version of hdmi? through composite leads....

the xbox 360 ultra will do all this and more.

i'm waiting for that to hit the shelves.

That statement is completely baffling, HDMI is just a connection. I assume you mean 1080p? Which the VGA cable can do. And composite is pretty much the worst connection you can get.

to clarify, the x box outputs as standard via composite leads or vga (i beleive)

i was waiting for the one with hdmi.