Bolton Wanderers vs NUFC

Matty

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest stevieintoon
I've got my money on Bolton Wanderers 1 Newcastle United 3, BSA will know exactly what tactics to employ, he'll be a gaping hole for Bolton, and I feel Sammy Lee has as much charisma as someone like Howard Wilkinson, Bolton doon within 2 seasons.

Bolton 1 Toon 3 25/1 at Lads 5a

Howay The Toon.

Not confident, I'm going for 1-1

I know people are excited about this season, but they've surely got to temper that optimism with the fact we've not seen our new team in a competitive game

Yorkshire people are always pessimistic, have faith. Genuinely we will win this game 1-3, I rarely have feelings about games, but when I do I'm normally right, in my heart I think we'll win 1-3, we're so slick on the break, we have steel in the middle, am bursting with positivity about the toon at the minute, and I'm not frightened of Bolton.

;)

Edited by stevieintoon

Great result. We were well organised and had a bit of steel about us, not the prettiest of football, but not boring head-tennis either, which some of us feared. First half all us, second half Bolton came back a little bit, and yes they pulled a goal back, but then, we came back and shut them up again. Very very early days of course, but so far, so good. No complaints here.

Edited by Tom_NUFC

If that's the way we play every away game then I am pleased to say the least. Newcastle bossed the game and controlled the tempo. Knowing that Bolton were going to come out all guns blazing in the second half, we then slowed the game down. Sam Allardyce, you are the man. It's only one game, but going to Bolton and picking up a result was unheard of in years gone by. Well done. Cartwheels were done at my residence yesterday!!!!! ;)

I personally thought Viduka had a great game.

Viduka was quality. If he stays fit, Newcastle's chances of winning a game improve by 40%. He has taken no time to settle into the team. I hope and pray he stays fit and keeps Ameobi out of the team. When Barton comes back, Ameobi won't be anywhere near the first team squad. ;):):rolleyes:

5 minute highlights of the match

http://rapidshare.com/files/48355399/Bolto..._Highlights.avi

press FREE and wait for the counter to stop, enter the code and hit download

if you just get sound (which will be silent or very quiet) you've not got the divx codec on your system, download and use this

http://ftp.snt.utwente.nl/pub/software/vid....8.6c-win32.exe

Nice one Karl. I missed MOTD ;)

Viduka and MArtins linked very well. Milner was quality on the left and cutting inside, worked tirelessly as always. Butt was magnificent in front of the back four. The back four were tremendous! Smith did his usual grafting and hard work in the middle of the park. I remember looking at one corner thinking, JESUS, we got Taylor, Rozenhal, Viduka, Smith, Martins in the mix for this one, all pretty good in the air. With Cacapa and Enrique both over 6ft also to come into the side we will score a bunch of set pieces this season I hope.

I honestly reckon we can push the top 4 this season, I have this warm fuzzy feeling inside. No Europe = a fresh and hungry team every week. Competition all over the park, tactical flexibility thanks to a manager who has a fucking clue and does his homework, and players that all seem committed to wearing the black and white with pride.

BRING ON THE SEASON!

Early days... don't think we tatically slowed they game down greatly...more a case of 1st game of season and everyone struggling a bit for match fitness.

I agree we took our time over goal kicks etc but when the ball was in play we still din't retain posession very well against what looked a very poor Bolton side who's only bright spot was Diouf.

I personally thought Viduka had a great game.

Viduka was quality. If he stays fit, Newcastle's chances of winning a game improve by 40%. He has taken no time to settle into the team. I hope and pray he stays fit and keeps Ameobi out of the team. When Barton comes back, Ameobi won't be anywhere near the first team squad. ;):):rolleyes:

First half hour, yes, then he seemed to go missing imo. Job was done then I suppose

Viduka and MArtins linked very well. Milner was quality on the left and cutting inside, worked tirelessly as always. Butt was magnificent in front of the back four. The back four were tremendous! Smith did his usual grafting and hard work in the middle of the park. I remember looking at one corner thinking, JESUS, we got Taylor, Rozenhal, Viduka, Smith, Martins in the mix for this one, all pretty good in the air. With Cacapa and Enrique both over 6ft also to come into the side we will score a bunch of set pieces this season I hope.

I honestly reckon we can push the top 4 this season, I have this warm fuzzy feeling inside. No Europe = a fresh and hungry team every week. Competition all over the park, tactical flexibility thanks to a manager who has a fucking clue and does his homework, and players that all seem committed to wearing the black and white with pride.

BRING ON THE SEASON!

I'm really hoping we take full advantage of this (hopefully) one season out of europe. Whilst the likes of Spurs get tired out by a load of extra fictures, pick up more knocks and injuries and have a fixture backlog, we can have a rest, keep people at peak fitness and be at 100% for ever league game. To take the step up to the next level we need to be back in europe, but this one season out could really be a good thing, just s it was once before under Bobby.

I've got my money on Bolton Wanderers 1 Newcastle United 3, BSA will know exactly what tactics to employ, he'll be a gaping hole for Bolton, and I feel Sammy Lee has as much charisma as someone like Howard Wilkinson, Bolton doon within 2 seasons.

Bolton 1 Toon 3 25/1 at Lads 5a

Howay The Toon.

Not confident, I'm going for 1-1

I know people are excited about this season, but they've surely got to temper that optimism with the fact we've not seen our new team in a competitive game

Yorkshire people are always pessimistic, have faith. Genuinely we will win this game 1-3, I rarely have feelings about games, but when I do I'm normally right, in my heart I think we'll win 1-3, we're so slick on the break, we have steel in the middle, am bursting with positivity about the toon at the minute, and I'm not frightened of Bolton.

;)

:)

:rolleyes: Git

how much did you win then?