Test Match Special

Dr Kenneth Noisewater

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did I limit it to tests?

30195[/snapback]

No, but you still haven't provided any stats, therefore you haven't proven anything. You may well be right Sima, although the laws of averages would suggest not. But I'm not some Johnny-come-lately, I've always liked cricket and i honestly don't think the weather has helped England much more than it's helped the opposition.

If Warne was English it would be 5-0 series to England, the bloke is a one of alltime legend who as they say could spin the ball on glass!!

But we're fighting back now as we always do, so its game on!

As for this rain thing, i've been watchign cricket since i was a kid and watching seriously for 15 years and we haven't benefited massively from rain compared to the opposition at all.

SLP summed it up well, when we used to really need the rain and preyed for it we didn't get it.

If Warne was English it would be 5-0 series to England, the bloke is a one of alltime legend who as they say could spin the ball on glass!!

But we're fighting back now as we always do, so its game on!

As for this rain thing, i've been watchign cricket since i was a kid and watching seriously for 15 years and we haven't benefited massively from rain compared to the opposition at all.

SLP summed it up well, when we used to really need the rain and preyed for it we didn't get it.

30444[/snapback]

Another one for the bandwagon tbh

As usual the game is tightly balanced, though England won't be that happy as with that pitch, the right weather and batting down to eight they'd have wanted 450 if possible.

But still got Jones and Giles in who can hopefully push the score up as high as possible tomorrow and see what the aussies do first innings.

And wouldn't it be a shame if when they were batting the rain kept them stopping and starting alot!!!

I think Australia have a slight advantage at the moment but it could quickly change.

30531[/snapback]

Having lost the toss they would definitely have taken this days score like a shot. Even if we get it up to say 370 we have missed out as 450 would have been the kind of total to look for.

But this test series is impossible to predict at anytime and until we see the aussies bat who knows what a good total will be!

Marvellous day yesterday !!!

Sitting in row 2 (unfortunately in the sun all day)

Mr Warne booed and hissed like a pantomime villain (and he LOVES it) and he is all that stands betwen England and victory - the moment he comes on half the England side go into palpitations.

Strauss batted almost all day and was never in any trouble while at the ther end........... mind Flintoff played superbly - he reined in his aggresieve tendencies and grafted away

You have to ask questiosn about Bell and Vaughan - they played very poor shots indeed and their overall record in this series is very poor...........

wouldn't have missed it for the world!!!!