What would you do if you encountered a burglar in your home ?

Jimbo

I dleather the fucker with all I had and anything I could grab until he fell over and was out cold or ran off.

If someone enters a house via breaking and entering then they should expect to be confronted if the house is not empty.

To me its pretty much the same as say, going for a walk down the centre of a19, you take the risks and break the law, you can't complain if you get knocked over / injured / battered or Smooth shows you his cock

Got talking to a policeman in the Tyne bar once and he reckons if you clout a burglar with anything like a bat or owt and kill or seriously injure him your going to jail, he said it's best to have a knife in the house that matches nonbe of your others and after you've bludgeoned him put this in his hand and say he came at you. Personally I've got an array of weapons but my weapon of choice would be a Cognac bottle with some copper in then it looks like i just picked the first thing to hand up.

My mate made me this as well but i have no doubt it would kill someone if you hit them on the head with it.

spa0098sv3.jpg

Shot with SAMSUNG at 2007-08-09

Wheres ya tool ?

Looks canny heavy duty like, although a fim whack on the side of the knees with that should do the trick.

I wonder if theres a burglars forum where they discuss exactly the same thing but from their perspective, fingers mcgee and his tales of the way to make fast cash by getting beat up on a job.

Wheres ya tool ?

Looks canny heavy duty like, although a fim whack on the side of the knees with that should do the trick.

I wonder if theres a burglars forum where they discuss exactly the same thing but from their perspective, fingers mcgee and his tales of the way to make fast cash by getting beat up on a job.

It was a priest for knocking fish out but it turns them into fish cakes tbh

I have one of those extendable police baton thingymajigs and I would not hesitate to use it...mind you thay would have to get past the dog first ;) People who have heard him barking think he's a Rotty but he's just a plain Old Springer Spaniel with a complex !!

I have one of those extendable police baton thingymajigs and I would not hesitate to use it...mind you thay would have to get past the dog first :) People who have heard him barking think he's a Rotty but he's just a plain Old Springer Spaniel with a complex !!

I'm sure them Batons are illegal Radg ;)

I have one of those extendable police baton thingymajigs and I would not hesitate to use it...mind you thay would have to get past the dog first :rolleyes: People who have heard him barking think he's a Rotty but he's just a plain Old Springer Spaniel with a complex !!

they are indeed...and I don't really have one I was just "pretending"...wor lad may or may not have acquired it when he was working in Acton in a well dodgy area looking after some valuable cars :)

I have one of those extendable police baton thingymajigs and I would not hesitate to use it...mind you thay would have to get past the dog first :rolleyes: People who have heard him barking think he's a Rotty but he's just a plain Old Springer Spaniel with a complex !!

So is burglary, so we'll call it evens :)

When I still lived in Shields I woke up once and looked out of the window to see a kid trying to break into my car. I made the mistake of waking my Mam and telling her to phone the coppers. I went out and couldn't see him but walked down the street into the back lane at the end just as he jumped back over a wall from the backyard he'd been in. I grabbed him by the scruff of the neck (wasn't big - about 15/16) and was just about to drag him back to the street when a copper van turned up and when I turned to see them , the kid pulled away and did a runner. The coppers chased him but lost him.

The copper told me "off the record" I should have lamped him to quieten him down but anything more is going too far.

Having said this, this happened about 12 years ago and having read recent stories I'd probably think twice about doing it now bearing in mind kids carrying knives etc.

Where I live now I'm not worried as its virtually crime free.

Got talking to a policeman in the Tyne bar once and he reckons if you clout a burglar with anything like a bat or owt and kill or seriously injure him your going to jail, he said it's best to have a knife in the house that matches nonbe of your others and after you've bludgeoned him put this in his hand and say he came at you. Personally I've got an array of weapons but my weapon of choice would be a Cognac bottle with some copper in then it looks like i just picked the first thing to hand up.

My mate made me this as well but i have no doubt it would kill someone if you hit them on the head with it.

spa0098sv3.jpg

Shot with SAMSUNG at 2007-08-09

Bet your lass loves that in her. You want to watch you don't reach for it in the night when Byker's finest is in your living room and it's not there but between your lasses legs!

All very well and good posting on here saying how you'd simply just kick the crap out of them; how many of you would do it in reality?

Just imagine waking up to find someone in your room - I reckon a lot of people would just pretend to still be asleep and hope they go away. You've also got the problem that unless you're Smooth Operator, there's a chance that the intruder in question might simply kick the crap out of you if you challenge them.

Last year I woke up after hearing noise from the back garden. Must have been around Christmas time or something as I had family staying over. Basically my nextdoor neighbour had gone out to confront some lads who had got into his garden (and then mine) trying to get into the garages. They laid into him and hurt him quite badly. My dad called the police as soon as he knew someone was outside, and for once they were quite quick to react. I'd gone out looking for these lads but they'd run off. Police told me later that if I'd managed to catch up with them and hurt them in anyway then I'd have been in trouble more than the lads in question. What's up with this country?

In the US the law works a lot better, and gives every man the right to defend his own home.

I'd go for a knife to be honest.

I know that the instant I do that I'm basically giving up on my "It was self defence guv" line, but to be honest I'd be using it more for the Dundee factor than any intent.

and my story would be "I was in the kitchen, preparing tomorrows lunch, heard a noise and went to investigate, totally forgot the knife was in my hand guv" ;)

Mate's got a few swords in his house, most of them are decorative, but a fair few have got genuinely sharp blades. He knows how to use them too, he has a shodan in Kendo and is searching for a Kenjutsu group. Oh and he has a 6' Battle Axe hung on his wall... He's said he'd not be afraid to use any of them if someone broke into his house.

nicest guy you're likely to meet, but theres something of the darkness about him :)

I know that the instant I do that I'm basically giving up on my "It was self defence guv" line, but to be honest I'd be using it more for the Dundee factor than any intent.

and my story would be "I was in the kitchen, preparing tomorrows lunch, heard a noise and went to investigate, totally forgot the knife was in my hand guv" ;)

Mate's got a few swords in his house, most of them are decorative, but a fair few have got genuinely sharp blades. He knows how to use them too, he has a shodan in Kendo and is searching for a Kenjutsu group. Oh and he has a 6' Battle Axe hung on his wall... He's said he'd not be afraid to use any of them if someone broke into his house.

nicest guy you're likely to meet, but theres something of the darkness about him :rolleyes:

39872789justinhawkinspalt9.jpg

Hardly going to stike fear into a potential burglar is it :)

nicest guy you're likely to meet, but theres something of the darkness about him :)

You should turn that scept-o-meter onto yourself once in a while imo :rolleyes:

All very well and good posting on here saying how you'd simply just kick the crap out of them; how many of you would do it in reality?

Just imagine waking up to find someone in your room - I reckon a lot of people would just pretend to still be asleep and hope they go away. You've also got the problem that unless you're Smooth Operator, there's a chance that the intruder in question might simply kick the crap out of you if you challenge them.

Last year I woke up after hearing noise from the back garden. Must have been around Christmas time or something as I had family staying over. Basically my nextdoor neighbour had gone out to confront some lads who had got into his garden (and then mine) trying to get into the garages. They laid into him and hurt him quite badly. My dad called the police as soon as he knew someone was outside, and for once they were quite quick to react. I'd gone out looking for these lads but they'd run off. Police told me later that if I'd managed to catch up with them and hurt them in anyway then I'd have been in trouble more than the lads in question. What's up with this country?

In the US the law works a lot better, and gives every man the right to defend his own home.

I thought I might be like that before it happened, but I was half a sleep, saw some random in my bedroom and my instinctive reaction was to chase the bastard and protect my property and people living here.

You should turn that scept-o-meter onto yourself once in a while imo ;)

I'd understand your doubts if I was claiming the Shodan, but he's genuinely a shodan in Kendo. He's got his black belt in Karate, tried a bit of Judo, didn't like it, tried TaeKwon Do didn't like it, tried Kendo and loved it.

He's a 26 yr old bloke whose mother still buys all his clothes, pays no rent to live at home, still gets £20 a fortnightoff his granma... he's an odd lad, still into Warhammer and dungeon and dragons and stuff. Nice as pie, just a little odd.

You should turn that scept-o-meter onto yourself once in a while imo ;)

I'd understand your doubts if I was claiming the Shodan, but he's genuinely a shodan in Kendo. He's got his black belt in Karate, tried a bit of Judo, didn't like it, tried TaeKwon Do didn't like it, tried Kendo and loved it.

He's a 26 yr old bloke whose mother still buys all his clothes, pays no rent to live at home, still gets £20 a fortnightoff his granma... he's an odd lad, still into Warhammer and dungeon and dragons and stuff. Nice as pie, just a little odd.

Hungerford waiting to happen tbh

You should turn that scept-o-meter onto yourself once in a while imo :)

Hungerford waiting to happen tbh

;)