Barton Denies Assault

ewerk

Barton denies team-mate assault

Footballer Joey Barton has pleaded not guilty to assaulting a former team-mate in a training ground bust up.

The Newcastle United midfielder, formerly of Manchester City, is accused of attacking Ousmane Dabo at City's training ground complex on 1 May.

Mr Barton, 24, appeared at Trafford Magistrates' Court to deny assault occasioning actual bodily harm.

He was released on unconditional bail to appear back at the same court again on 4 October.

After arriving in court on crutches, Mr Barton spoke only to confirm his name and address before entering his plea.

David Alcock, prosecuting, described the incident as a "vicious attack" during the 10-minute hearing.

Mr Barton, who was born in Liverpool, was arrested after an alleged incident in Carrington, south Manchester.

He was suspended by City and subsequently sold to Newcastle United in a £5.8m deal in June.

The midfielder, who has also featured in the England squad, is now out of action after fracturing a metatarsal in his left foot.

The charge carries a maximum sentence of up to five years in jail.

_44048381_barton_crutch300pa.jpg

Nice to see him making an effort with his appearance for his court visit. :lol:

If I was up in court on assault charges I'd try and make a good impression, which doesn't include turning up in a tee-shirt and tracksuit bottoms.

Valid point, but in a court of law prejudgment and assumptions made of an individual because of the clothes they wear will not happen.

Guest stevieintoon

Footballer Joey Barton has pleaded not guilty to assaulting a former team-mate in a training ground bust up.

The Newcastle United midfielder, formerly of Manchester City, is accused of attacking Ousmane Dabo at City's training ground complex on 1 May.

Mr Barton, 24, appeared at Trafford Magistrates' Court to deny assault occasioning actual bodily harm.

He was released on unconditional bail to appear back at the same court again on 4 October.

After arriving in court on crutches, Mr Barton spoke only to confirm his name and address before entering his plea.

David Alcock, prosecuting, described the incident as a "vicious attack" during the 10-minute hearing.

Mr Barton, who was born in Liverpool, was arrested after an alleged incident in Carrington, south Manchester.

He was suspended by City and subsequently sold to Newcastle United in a £5.8m deal in June.

The midfielder, who has also featured in the England squad, is now out of action after fracturing a metatarsal in his left foot.

Why should he betray his upbringing?

If I was up in court on assault charges I'd try and make a good impression, which doesn't include turning up in a tee-shirt and tracksuit bottoms.

Valid point, but in a court of law prejudgment and assumptions made of an individual because of the clothes they wear will not happen.

Bollocks.

What world are you living in? Anyway, it's taking the piss turning up to court like that imo. Especially someone with his money

What world are you living in? Anyway, it's taking the piss turning up to court like that imo. Especially someone with his money

Yeah i know lol i was taking the piss with that comment, but is he trying to deny the assualt completely or what?

Yeah i know lol i was taking the piss with that comment, but is he trying to deny the assualt completely or what?

pedalling backwards...

Guest Patrokles
His choice of attire is most probably relative to him having a club foot at the moment...

Pretty good point.

He wants to get him the Rodney King lawyers.

is he trying to deny that he kicked the shit out of dabo? If so, who the fuck did it lol

Probably not but perhaps more that there was some provocation or self defence

Why should he betray his upbringing?

TBH that is Chav sunday best.

Guest Patrokles

Personally I agree with Fat Boy re. his attire. I daresay he'd have been in a suit if it weren't for the crutches and presumably massive fuckoff cast on his foot.

Personally I agree with Fat Boy re. his attire. I daresay he'd have been in a suit if it weren't for the crutches and presumably massive fuckoff cast on his foot.

I would've thought he'd be wearing a removable boot rather than a cast.

chris_neil185x185_196513a.jpg - Dabo's face after the attack.

_1928157_crutch300.jpg - that's what Barton has on at the moment.

Story I've heard is Barton put a late tackle in on Dabo in training, so Dabo got up and punched him. Barton then punched him back 3 or 4 times. I think if it had been one punch then they'd go easy on him, but I can't see how he's going to get found not guilty when there were 20 - 30 witnesses.

chris_neil185x185_196513a.jpg - Dabo's face after the attack.

_1928157_crutch300.jpg - that's what Barton has on at the moment.

Story I've heard is Barton put a late tackle in on Dabo in training, so Dabo got up and punched him. Barton then punched him back 3 or 4 times. I think if it had been one punch then they'd go easy on him, but I can't see how he's going to get found not guilty when there were 20 - 30 witnesses.

If as you say the other guy punched him first (a late tackle is part of the football and not the resulting fight) then despite the fact he's went to town on the guy in retaliation above and beyond what people would accept, i'm sure he'll get away without a custodial sentence.

Dabo looks like the sort of bloke who asks to be smacked though If it's true he hit Barton first then it's his own fault, he shouldn't hit people and think he can get away with it - if someone hit me I'd leather them for the affront :lol:

Dabo looks like the sort of bloke who asks to be smacked though If it's true he hit Barton first then it's his own fault, he shouldn't hit people and think he can get away with it - if someone hit me I'd leather them for the affront ;)

Nice recreation of the incident you've got in your avatar, by the way. :)