Nobby to West Ham...?

geordieshandy

Link

HAMMERS SET TO SWOOP FOR SOLANO

Posted 09/08/07 14:15EmailPrintSave

West Ham are set to raid Newcastle for Nolberto Solano after missing out on Kieron Dyer.

The Hammers were all set to land Dyer after agreeing a £6million fee with the Toon, but that deal was scuppered when the Magpies upped their valuation.

And now the Newcastle Evening Chronicle claims Alan Curbishley is again set to swoop on Tyneside, but at a much lower price.

In fact the local paper says Curbs hopes to land Peruvian international winger Solano on a free transfer.

The 32-year-old would apparently want a two-year deal to move to London, with the Hammers keen on just a 12-month contract.

Meanwhile Dyer is in the Newcastle squad to visit Bolton for Saturday's Premier League opener and Toon boss Sam Allardyce says he must make the best of the situation.

He said: "Kieron Dyer is a Newcastle United player until West Ham see the light and resolve the situation.

"He is fit and well and has had a proper pre-season, and he will be involved in our squad for the game at Bolton.

"Kieron has to go to Bolton and do what is best for both himself and the club. He is contracted to this football club for the next couple of years unless there is a change in the situation.

"If there is a change we will deal with it accordingly."

And the shit doled out in the ronny

Hammers eye Solano moveAug 9 2007

By Alan Oliver, Evening Chronicle

WEST HAM have turned their attention to Nobby Solano after their move for his Newcastle United colleague Kieron Dyer fell through.

But in contrast to the £6m the Hammers put on the table for Dyer, I understand that Alan Cubishley wants to pick up Solano on a free transfer.

From Solano’s point of view, he is 32 now and he would be looking for a two-year contract, although the word from East London this afternoon was that West Ham were keener on a 12-month deal.

Solano first surfaced at St James’ Park in the summer of 1998 when Kenny Dalglish paid a bargain £2.5m to Boca Juniors for the Peruvian international.

He went to Aston Villa in January 2004 and came back 18 months later, on the day Michael Owen joined United.

He is the leading United scorer on Newcastle’s books with 48 goals, and it’s fair to say he is a legend on Tyneside.

Meanwhile, Dyer will be in the United squad when they leave Tyneside tomorrow for Saturday’s opener with Bolton.

This will undoubtedly be another major talking point among the United fans.

And it’s certainly a turnaround for Dyer, who this time last week fully expected to make his Premiership debut for West Ham in their home game with Manchester City on Saturday.

Speaking about his team plans for the first time for what will be an emotional return to the Reebok, Sam Allardyce told me today: "Kieron Dyer is a Newcastle United player until West Ham see the light and resolve the situation.

"He is fit and well and has had a proper pre-season, and he will be involved in our squad for the game at Bolton.

"Kieron has to go to Bolton and do what is best for both himself and the club. He is contracted to this football club for the next couple of years unless there is a change in the situation.

"If there is a change we will deal with it accordingly."

Big Sam is fully aware that some fans will not be happy to see Dyer in a United shirt again, but his job is to get results and he will pick side accordingly.

My view is that Dyer should have been sold when he refused to play on the wing in at Middlesbrough exactly three years ago.

Failing that, the time certainly seemed right for Dyer to go this time last week in the proposed £6m transfer to West Ham.

It’s doubtful if Hammers boss Alan Curbishley will come back in, leaving Dyer to yet again try to salvage his career at St James’ Park.

Big Sam is without three midfielders in Joey Barton, Emre and Damien Duff, and as a result the worst Dyer can expect at Bolton is a place on the bench.

He could even sneak into the team depending on just who Big Sam decides to play at left-back until he can get new signing Jose Enrique into his side.

Allardyce insists he does not want to consider his two latest signings, Enrique or Cacapa, although both are expected back at the training ground tomorrow after being allowed to return to their respective homes to sort out their domestic arrangements.

Apart from his long-term injuries – Emre, Duff and Celestine Babayaro – Allardyce will be without Shay Given and Michael Owen tomorrow.

This means that three of the candidates to lead the team out at the Reebok – Owen, Barton and Given – will be missing.

But when I asked Allardyce today if he had decided on his captain he replied: "Not yet."

This must be BS, we won't get anything for him, and even if he's not in Allardyce's first team plans he surely still is pretty good cover for several places.

Someone at the club must be taking the piss if they're leaking this sort of shit to Oliver.

I don't think its the case for a minute, but i'd love it if somebody at the club was deliberately feeding Anal a load of shit to regularly humiliate him!

As for the story itself, what a sack of shit. The hammers have pissed us off, and vice versa so hey, lets do another deal straight away with each other! Big Sam has a small squad still and won't be looking to shift another player out on top of Dyer still havign a chance of leaving, and especially not one who won't bring in a big fee.

nobby's a legend and he loves the club and the area. why would he leave? sam should keep offering him one year extensions as long as his legs are up for it. he's got more class and vision than most of the rest of our squad put together. worth keeping even if he only plays half the games in a season.

nobby's a legend and he loves the club and the area. why would he leave? sam should keep offering him one year extensions as long as his legs are up for it. he's got more class and vision than most of the rest of our squad put together. worth keeping even if he only plays half the games in a season.

Exactly, aside from the fact the 2 clubs won't be doing a deal as its bollocks, Nobby loves it here, is happy and couldn't wait to get back here from Villa when given the chance.

He will play less games for us now, thats inevitable, but he'll be involved and has that class and vision as you say, which combined with Big Sam's ability to get the best out of older players will see him make a more than usefull contribution for us this season.

A kid on N-O says he'd take £10m for Dyer and Solano. :lol:

Since the club value Dyer at £8m that would be about right, as selling Nobby for less than £2m and having to replace him would be daft!

Not that its happening anyway!

Since the club value Dyer at £8m that would be about right, as selling Nobby for less than £2m and having to replace him would be daft!

Replacing Nobby now wouldn't be that hard. He's nowhere near the player he was a couple of years ago. To find another Solano from his best years would be impossible though.

I'd certainly take £10m for the pair of them tbh.

You'd have to rip their fucking arms off if they offered £10million for those 2 I meant. I don't see the point in releasing Solano though given I doubt anyone would pay much for him at his age with a year on his contract (iirc).

Replacing Nobby now wouldn't be that hard. He's nowhere near the player he was a couple of years ago. To find another Solano from his best years would be impossible though.

I know what you're saying, but i'd like to see him have a season here under Big Sam and he does provide something a bit different to the rest of our midfielders even if he isn't at his peak. His game was never really about pace at his best, and he's an incredibly intelligent player who should have plenty of runners and hard working players around him under Sam.

I know what you're saying, but i'd like to see him have a season here under Big Sam and he does provide something a bit different to the rest of our midfielders even if he isn't at his peak. His game was never really about pace at his best, and he's an incredibly intelligent player who should have plenty of runners and hard working players around him under Sam.

In the friendlies against Celtic and Juve you could see that his vision and reading of the game is still second to none. He is most times aware where players are or running to and is able to pick them out. We now have enough grafters in the squad, getting rid of maybe the last bit of brilliance and aesthetics would be criminal imho.

In the friendlies against Celtic and Juve you could see that his vision and reading of the game is still second to none. He is most times aware where players are or running to and is able to pick them out. We now have enough grafters in the squad, getting rid of maybe the last bit of brilliance and aesthetics would be criminal imho.

I agree, he could play a very important part this season imo, and if he stays the same goes for Dyer as like Nobby he offers something different to the other midfield options we have.

Would be more than a little amazed if Anal was quoting truth here It wouldn't benefit Nobby to leave, why would he swap cult status and move his family this late in his career just to be a squad player for a team that wouldn't think anything of him?

"Fack orf Wist Am, cheatin Cockney w*nkers"

If they were offering money, I'd sell him. Can't see him playing much this season anyway.

People were saying that a year ago and he went on to have a good season in a poor team. With better players around him, he will be a good asset, and there's absolutely no point in selling him. We won't get money for him, but we'll lose an experienced player who I imagine is also doing a lot to help the younger players in the squad.

I can't see the benefits for the club or Nobby.

He loves the area and the club, I can't see him wanting to move to West Ham.

From the club's perspective, his versatility, class and vision will make him a valuable player for the coming season.

I can't see the benefits for the club or Nobby.

He loves the area and the club, I can't see him wanting to move to West Ham.

From the club's perspective, his versatility, class and vision will make him a valuable player for the coming season.

I'll withhold judgement until I see Jimbo's telly