Magnusson: TOON SHOULD BE EMBARRASSED

Jimbo

West Ham chairman Eggert Magnusson has criticised Newcastle over the collapsed Kieron Dyer transfer and said the Magpies must have been "embarrassed" at their handling of the deal.

Dyer's move fell through after Newcastle, having initially agreed a £6million fee, raised the cost of the player by £2million.

Magnusson, who also outlined his ambition for West Ham to break into the top four of the Premier League within four years, said he was amazed at the sudden price increase.

He said: "The fact that Newcastle moved the goalposts in the middle of the game is not how to do business.

"They had given us permission to speak to the player, he had had a medical and we had agreed a fee when we received a phone call that they wanted £2million more for the player.

"We could not believe it and I think some of the people there seem to be a little bit embarrassed.

"But I think the deal is now gone and I feel very sorry for the player, he wanted a move, he wanted to come closer to his family in Ipswich and now that has gone.

"I think this business with Newcastle has shown that we are not prepared to pay any price that a club puts on a player. If there are perceptions that we will do that, they are not correct."

Magnusson did make clear however that other players could be on the way to Upton Park before the transfer window closes as West Ham have their sights set very high.

Magnusson added: "The club have ambitions and we want to break into the top four within the next few years and we have to invest money - it doesn't happen otherwise.

"Those are our ambitions and that we believe they are entirely realistic otherwise I would not be here.

"We are going to have a new stadium and that is something we are going to make happen, hopefully by 2011."

The Icelandic businessman said he had complete faith in manager Alan Curbishley being the right man to take West Ham forwar.

Magnusson said: "There is no question in my mind that he has got what it takes to get us to where we want to go.

"He is West Ham through and through but it's also a big challenge for him.

"He has come to a bigger club after many years at Charlton and he now has much more money to spend than ever before."

Magnusson admitted that the first season had been a roller-coaster.

The Icelander added: "Every morning there seemed to be something new to deal with.

"There was the Carlos Tevez business, the fight against relegation, it has been an ongoing battle but we are looking for a fresh new start with a new promising season.

"Staying in the Premier League was the best thing about it and the emotions were very special for sure. There is enormous excitement at West Ham now - and also back in Iceland - for the new season."

This from the bloke whose team is only in the Premiership because he fielded a player illegally for most of the last season. Zip it you big eared bald wanker.

Sorry :)

Oh you mean Magnusson.

;)

This from the bloke whose team is only in the Premiership because he fielded a player illegally for most of the last season. Zip it you big eared bald wanker.

Sorry :)

Oh you mean Magnusson.

;)

I thought he was refering to me !

Exactly, as if you can take anything this coming from West Ham as gospel

Indeed, if his club were whiter than white then he can have an opinion, but since they aren't he can piss off and get back to looking for the one ring!

Reading between the lines there was something iffy about West Ham's attitude/behaviour because I don't believe "we decided he was undervalued" for one minute.

I also think the cheating cockney twats should consider themselves lucky to still be in the premiership.

Tonight Pinky...We will try and take over the world!!! :):rolleyes::o

HHAHAHAHA i took me time to think who he looked like lol. But u sorted it. He really does look like brain.. ;)

pinky_brain.gif

Tbh ;)

On the face of it he's completely right, though obviously we don't know the exact details of what happened.

Of course he's right. In these situations people are desperate to distract from the case at hand. Look an eagle!!

On the face of it he's completely right, though obviously we don't know the exact details of what happened.

Of course he's right. In these situations people are desperate to distract from the case at hand. Look an eagle!!

Where!!!11!11! ;)

Newcastle were quite within their rights to ask for an extra 2 million quid, especially since Dyer was tapped up by them and then all of a sudden wanted a transfer to move nearer to his family in Ipswich, sly as fuck if you ask me, 8 million for an england international doesnt seem like bad business to me.

Newcastle were quite within their rights to ask for an extra 2 million quid, especially since Dyer was tapped up by them and then all of a sudden wanted a transfer to move nearer to his family in Ipswich, sly as fuck if you ask me, 8 million for an england international doesnt seem like bad business to me.

He'll play 2 games and then be out for 4.

Shuld have got shot.