Friday Transfer Gossip

Jimbo

TRANSFER RUMOURS

Chelsea will step up their bid for Sevilla right-back Daniel Alves as soon as Arjen Robben completes his move to Real Madrid. (Independent)

West Ham could move for Australian midfielder Mark Bresciano after his £4m move to Manchester City broke down. (Independent)

Everton are set to sign Manuel Fernandes after Benfica accepted their £6m bid for a 50% stake. (Daily Mail)

Arsenal defender Johan Djourou is set to join Birmingham on loan for the season. (Daily Mail)

Manchester City manager Sven-Goran Eriksson is still hoping to tie up a deal for £5m-rated Livorno keeper Marco Amelia. (Daily Express)

Middlesbrough are adamant they will not sell Yakubu. (Daily Mirror)

Albert Luque has told Newcastle he wants to leave and is set to join Feyenoord or Levante. (Daily Mirror)

Eidur Gudjohnsen has rejected a move to West Ham even though Barcelona accepted an £8m bid. (Sun)

Manchester City and Newcastle are also after the former Chelsea striker. (Independent)

Tottenham have made Portsmouth's Matt Taylor a target but Pompey are asking £8m. (Sun)

Tell us your transfer rumours

OTHER GOSSIP

F1 boss Bernie Ecclestone and Renault chief Flavio Briatore are set to buy QPR for £25m. (Daily Mail, Times)

QPR boss John Gregory will get £10m to spend on players in January. (Times)

Sunderland chairman Niall Quinn says if manager Roy Keane goes, he will go too. (Daily Mirror)

Kasper Schmeichel could make a shock debut for Manchester City on Saturday if the club do not wrap up a deal for Marco Amelia. (Daily Mirror)

Tottenham's Aaron Lennon is set to miss England's Euro 2008 qualifiers next month with a knee injury. (Daily Star)

AND FINALLY

Former Wimbledon striker John Fashanu is now the host of the Nigerian version of Deal or No Deal. (Daily Express)

Fulham defender Moritz Volz almost missed a pre-season trip to Brighton because he got stuck in the toilet for 40 minutes. He was eventually rescued when his cleaner called out a handyman. (Sun)

Liverpool players have nicknamed manager Rafael Benitez 'Max' because they reckon his goatee beard makes him look like the character from Peter Kay's Phoenix Nights. (Sun)

Manchester United 'rebel' Gabriel Heinze has been told to stay away from Sunday's game against Reading at Old Trafford. (Daily Mirror)

I don't really want to see luque go just yet, with his mini-revival in pre-season I'd like to see what sam can do for him, that and he's pretty much perfect for the leftforward of a 4-3-3 which we know sam likes to play sometimes

I don't really want to see luque go just yet, with his mini-revival in pre-season I'd like to see what sam can do for him, that and he's pretty much perfect for the leftforward of a 4-3-3 which we know sam likes to play sometimes

If he`s not in the squad tomorrow then I think its bye-bye Albert. I want to see him perform tho`