Mort gives proper interview

Isegrim

If Mort's opinion is that they were doing business the wrong way then i'm going to assume that he's correct and they were. He's obviously a very professional individual whereas Wist 'Am are well...Wist 'Am.

Why the last minute price increase?

Zionist conspiracy?

More like you can't think for yourself and digest press waffle whole...

No, more like I don't know what went on and i'm not going to pretend to. It makes no sense for one club to increase the price of a player off the cuff, there is much more to it that we may never find out about. I can only assume that something big went on behind the scenes and i'm siding with Mort because he seems like a professional individual.

What's to know? We put the price up at the eleventh hour by £2m. All the other smoke and mirrors doesn't concern me. IMO we should have got shot of him...Frustrated of Fareham. ;)

If you want to deal in just the basic facts then fair enough but you're seriously naive if you believe there was nothing more to it.

If Mort's opinion is that they were doing business the wrong way then i'm going to assume that he's correct and they were. He's obviously a very professional individual whereas Wist 'Am are well...Wist 'Am.

Zionist conspiracy?

No, more like I don't know what went on and i'm not going to pretend to. It makes no sense for one club to increase the price of a player off the cuff, there is much more to it that we may never find out about. I can only assume that something big went on behind the scenes and i'm siding with Mort because he seems like a professional individual.

What's to know? We put the price up at the eleventh hour by £2m. All the other smoke and mirrors doesn't concern me. IMO we should have got shot of him...Frustrated of Fareham. :)

If you want to deal in just the basic facts then fair enough but you're seriously naive if you believe there was nothing more to it.

Beleive me there isn't a possible treatment for Godfather Part 6 in there. ;) It's simple muppetry by all sides none of which have been in football long especially Mort.

If you're not happy with the deal why not just cancel it? Simplest way surely?

Edited by Parky

Zionist conspiracy?

What's to know? We put the price up at the eleventh hour by £2m. All the other smoke and mirrors doesn't concern me. IMO we should have got shot of him...Frustrated of Fareham. :)

Beleive me there isn't a possible treatment for Godfather Part 6 in there. ;) It's simple muppetry by all sides none of which have been in football long especially Mort.

I'm not denying that there's a grey area inbetween and both clubs were probably in the wrong, i'm just saying i'd be suprised if someone like Mort hiked up the price for no apparent reason.

The loyalty bonus does seem to make sense to me as being the reason the deal was scuppered. However, I don't see that as 'muppetry' by Mort (assuming it's true for a second). Dyer should have waived the loyalty bonus if he wanted to go though, given he basically submitted a transfer request, albeit orally rather than in writing.

The loyalty bonus does seem to make sense to me as being the reason the deal was scuppered. However, I don't see that as 'muppetry' by Mort (assuming it's true for a second). Dyer should have waived the loyalty bonus if he wanted to go though, given he basically submitted a transfer request, albeit orally rather than in writing.

I'm happy to blame Dyer. ;)

Comings and goings: Changing of the guard at St James' Park

Players In:

Jose Enrique (Villarreal, £6.3m)

Alan Smith (Man Utd, £6m, right)

Joey Barton (Man City £5.8m)

David Rozehnal (PSG, £2.9m)

Mark Viduka (Middlesbro', free)

Geremi (Chelsea, free)

Claudio Cacapa (Lyon, free)Players out:

Scott Parker (West Ham, £7m)

Hugo Viana (Valencia, £1.2m)

Titus Bramble (Wigan, free)

Antoine Sibierski (Wigan, free)

Andy O'Brien (Hibs, tribunal)

Olivier Bernard, Pavel Srnicek, Kris Gate, Craig Moore, (released)

Thats another source listing viana as having left this summer, not last. ;)

Can you highlight the good bits? CBA to read it all.

Lazy bastid.

He was meeting with fans who write fanzines and websites.

He spoke about the structure of the debt that was different to the way they expected it to be after the due diligence. He basically confirmed what a lot people always said that a lot of deals were financed "in advance" by future incoming money.

He's also staid very calm about the accusations from West Ham and just said that in his opinion they were doing the business the wrong way.

...without explaining why we raised the price by £2m at the eleventh hour. as it stands his negotiation skills look under par.

Nothing less than what West Ham or Dyer deserve tbh. He's a stupid little wanker, they're a cheating bunch of cockney wankers, so I think we should insist on making good money out the deal. If the little wanker wants to leave, he'll waive any loyalty payment, and if the cheating cockney wankers want him, they'll up the fee. It's about time we stood up to wankers, imo.

Do you speak like that in front of your mother? ;)

there's a difference in explaining why we had to raise the price at the last minute and issuing a cretinous fat fred style statement.

as it stands, it looks like we have raised the price after already agreeing a fee because we haven't said otherwise. not the most professional way of doing business and unless there's a statment otherwise that's what the rest of the premiership will be thinking of our new owners.

Why explain when West Ham have been equally as coy? Surely if we had acted unprofessionally then they'd be banging their fists on the table telling the world what went on.

True. I'm presuming Mort had the biscuit baron by the nut sack, as he's retracted his earlier comments about us being "embarrassed"