Nobby: Let me go

Jimbo

NOBBY SOLANO is ready to appeal to Newcastle United to let him join West Ham United on compassionate grounds.

But the popular Peruvian winger fears he may be caught in the backlash from the Kieron Dyer affair which has left United and West Ham are loggerheads.

In the meantime, unless he gets a late recall, Solano is not in the United squad for tomorrow’s game with Bolton Wanderers at the Reebok Stadium.

The Chronicle revealed in our later editions yesterday that West Ham had turned to Solano after Dyer’s £6m move to Upton Park broke down in such dramatic circumstances.

But West Ham feel that because Solano is now 32, they should pick him up on a free transfer.

As a result, United are in the driving seat as far as West Ham and Solano are concerned.

Solano’s family are now based in London and he quite naturally wants to be beside his children. And that’s why he is ready to end his association with United where he has attained almost legendary status.

Indeed, in an ideal world Solano would love to have ended his carer on Tyneside before returning home to Peru.

He has one last season on his contract with United and he expected to see it out before the latest developments.

He would be looking for a two- year contract with West Ham, but Alan Curbishley says he will only match United’s 12-month deal.

But if Solano does go to West Ham, then he will have no problem with the financial side of things.

However, at the end of the day Solano’s future now lies in United’s hands, but if anyone at St James’ Park thinks the Dyer deal can be resurrected then they are mistaken.

Solano arrived in 1998 as an almost unknown player in England after Kenny Dalglish paid a bargain £2.5m to Boca Juniors for him.

But apart from his 18-month spell with Aston Villa Solano has been one of the most popular and successful players with United.

So the headline is "Sol 'let me go' plea to big Sam" and the text says that Nobby is "ready" to appeal to the club for a transfer, but without saying where this information comes from (probably Ranson phoned him, or some Peruvian called him in he middle of the night) or giving any concrete evidence for this story apart from some drivel.

Seriously, Oliver should not wonder why Mort does give his first newspaper interview to a national paper and not to the local rag.

Bottled Dog (canny poster on N-O) reckons Nobby and Oliver are pals / get on so there might be some truth in it. I'd be very surprised if we let him go for free though.

Bottled Dog (canny poster on N-O) reckons Nobby and Oliver are pals / get on so there might be some truth in it. I'd be very surprised if we let him go for free though.

Oliver normally never fails to mention his source when someone actually speaks to him.

Why would he sign a new contract at the end of last season then a few months later decide he wants to move to London? Similar to the way that I found it strange that Dyer's family problems only became apparent in the middle of the transfer window rather than at the end of last season.

(Assuming a shred of truth)

What the hell is it with these players who can't even be bothered to locate their families where they work?

Thousands if not millions of people (especially from the NE) move lock, stock and barrel for work all the time but these people who earn enough money to not have to care about buying the best houses, schools and whatever else they think they need to be happy "choose" to base their families elsewhere.

Its not exactly as if footballers partners are usually high-flyers career-wise is it?

Fuck them I say.

Why would he sign a new contract at the end of last season then a few months later decide he wants to move to London?

Well acording to the story, maybe because his family has now moved down to london? ;)

whwy would his wide and kids move to london without him? weird

Are there not rumours of him cheating on his wife? Is he actually married? Maybe she want's a clean break and fresh surroundings. tbh honest there could be many reasons why you would need/want to move home.

whwy would his wide and kids move to london without him? weird

Are there not rumours of him cheating on his wife? Is he actually married? Maybe she want's a clean break and fresh surroundings. tbh honest there could be many reasons why you would need/want to move home.

And visa versa, alledgedly of course

He's 32, under contract and therefore worth some money, if the price is right, let him go.

She divorced him last year, after he was caught shagging around with that other lass (Emma something?)

Interesting that both Nobby and his wife have been banned for drink driving in the last couple of years. You'd have thought she'd have learnt after he got caught!

(Assuming a shred of truth)

What the hell is it with these players who can't even be bothered to locate their families where they work?

Thousands if not millions of people (especially from the NE) move lock, stock and barrel for work all the time but these people who earn enough money to not have to care about buying the best houses, schools and whatever else they think they need to be happy "choose" to base their families elsewhere.

Its not exactly as if footballers partners are usually high-flyers career-wise is it?

Fuck them I say.

Again, assuming a shred of truth:

I'm Nobby's biggest fan, but I completely agree.