Nobby: Let me go

Jimbo

His legend status will be harmed if he goes to another premiership club now. Although his influence is diminishing I still like the little fella and wouldn't want to see him leave, not even for a couple of mil.

Footballers are rewarded handsomely (obscenely?) these days, and if that mean uprooting your family for a few years so be it. 'Family reasons' seems to be the excuse of choice at the moment for those looking for a get-out.

But West Ham feel that because Solano is now 32, they should pick him up on a free transfer.

Am I the only one who gets royally pissed off at comments like this?

Whether there's any truth in it remains to be seen but if there is, fuck me, who gives a fuck if West Ham feel that one of our players should be available for free! We haven't said Solano's for sale so if they want him, they can fucking well pay for him.

Bunch of fucking tosspots! ;)

But West Ham feel that because Solano is now 32, they should pick him up on a free transfer.

Am I the only one who gets royally pissed off at comments like this?

Whether there's any truth in it remains to be seen but if there is, fuck me, who gives a fuck if West Ham feel that one of our players should be available for free! We haven't said Solano's for sale so if they want him, they can fucking well pay for him.

Bunch of fucking tosspots! ;)

Getting above their station because they've spent a few quid, what their forgetting is there's some right cunts in their ranks

One of the things I was looking forward to this season was seeing what Sam would do with the little fella,

interesting to see what sort of performances Sam would get from him. He is slowing down a bit obv, but

when he is on top of a game he has been a joy to watch.

However he is a bit past his best, I am a bit old to get to that bothered about players these days, if he stays good

if he goes thanks, bye, move on. He certainly isn't the future of the club.

btw my first post on the forum was this picture

solano_img.jpg

edited for picture accuracy

Edited by spongebob toonpants

Regarding Nobby and his family - reports had it while he was at Villa he ended up impregnating his wife and another woman in the same week, so they divorced or had a trial split or something.

I've always thought of him as a legend and he's been a great player for us, but I don't think that's something particularly legendary - certainly not given his status in Peru.

No quote=no story

every reaction to this story is daft imo

file it under "B" For bollocks, alongside the "Newcastle up for sale a month after being bought" folder

From .com

Further to Thursday's story about Nobby Solano's desire to sign for West Ham, one of our Peruvian readers confirms that the player has spoken on the radio in his native country about the move and how he's looking forward to linking up again with Parker and Bellamy.