Beer = Sad

wykikitoon

Hi Guys

Well, when I drink and I am in a big group I am ok, but if I have a couple of beer on my own after a tough day or I am with 4 or so of us I start to get depressed ;)

Some of you know I lost my mother a couple of years ago to cancer and when like I say there is only a few of us I get down, so I stop drinking and go onto soft drinks. I think its because there isnt anything to take my mind of it.

Anyone else have similar stuff to this? If so, ever get passed it?

Ever since I turned 18 I've barely drank at all.

Last time I was drunk was May 17th.

Don't drink when I go out because it's too expensive, and I only have the odd beer when someone has a BBQ.

But one of the main reasons I used to drink was because I felt depressed, I don't anymore so have no need for booze.

Suffice to say, I am currently light-headed. ;)

I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing to get plaintive and face some of the thoughts you try and blank out when you're sober and keeping busy. I got a few cans and sat in on my own last Monday night after some terrible events I mentioned on here the week before. Ended up weeping like a baby. ;)

Would be a bad thing to have too many and bring others down...maybe end up kicking off, so it's best to be sensible. But you get some of your best thinking done when you're maudlin.

Let it all out, then get your chin back up mate.

^ I think I'd have to agree there. Melancholy isn't necessarily a bad thing. Makes you feel alive.

I pretty much have the same kind of feelings when I get home slightly drunk from a night out, or if I have a few on my own. All the annoying/depressing shit comes to the surface.

I do it practically every night if I'm being honest chief, when I'm at work there's no need to have certain specifics on your mind, but when I'm by myself, nowt better than a few cans to relieve yourself from the pressures of every day life.

I do it practically every night if I'm being honest chief, when I'm at work there's no need to have certain specifics on your mind, but when I'm by myself, nowt better than a few cans to relieve yourself from the pressures of every day life.

Shoots + Scores. tbh

Shoots + Scores. tbh

Anything for you Thomas babez. ;)

Shoots + Scores. tbh

:):rolleyes:

Shoots + Scores. tbh

:):rolleyes:

*wanks just as about he's going out.*

Alcohol is a mood enhancer, so if you're feeling blue, it'll make you feel worse, if you're in the mood for a good night out, it will make you feel better.

I tend not to drink in the house or when I'm by myself, don't see the point. But I do like a few sherbets if I'm going out with my mates.

I firmly believe that if booze had been invented today there is no way it would be allowed to be sold to the public.

Alcohol is a mood enhancer, so if you're feeling blue, it'll make you feel worse, if you're in the mood for a good night out, it will make you feel better.

Agreed.

I'm not someone that has a constant supply of alcohol in the house, but I do sometimes fancy a beer at home and will pop to the supermarket and buy what I fancy, I like a nice drop of wine too, but often drink wine as an aid to sleep especially if I am on a quick turn around from night shifts to day shifts, but I do think I could happily live without alcohol.

I don't actually drink in the house ( very rarely anyway) despite common belief of me being an alcoholic :) I am what you would class as a social drinker...I like the company and the craic as much as the alcohol! And I have actually been known to come home sober on many occasions...tonight being one of them ;)

I tend not to drink in the house or when I'm by myself, don't see the point. But I do like a few sherbets if I'm going out with my mates.

I firmly believe that if booze had been invented today there is no way it would be allowed to be sold to the public.

Pretty sure it's actually just mild a depressant.

Just its other effects (tranquilising and inhibition removing) might not make it obvious in most situations or with certain people (or more obvious with others).

But yeah no way would booze be sold told if it had just been invented, the moral outrage campaigns would be too massive. ;)

Edited by Fop