tracking an email leaker...............

Rob W

Last week we sent out a restricted email report to some clients

Yesterday someone sent me an email from a competitor which contains our original email

its pretty clear that it has been forwarded to them by one of the original recipients

Anyway of working back through the properties to nail the guilty party?

Yesterday someone sent me an email from a competitor which contains our original email

its pretty clear that it has been forwarded to them by one of the original recipients

yes but you'd need the email the competitor received to do it, not likely they'll pass it over like.

You can view the header info but I dont think that will show on forwarded ones, as these are clients then theres no way of viewing their email logs, if it had been a staff member then possible.

Best way would be to spread some "important" news to clients, each one getting something different and see which one comes back to you.

yes but you'd need the email the competitor received to do it, not likely they'll pass it over like.

You can view the header info but I dont think that will show on forwarded ones, as these are clients then theres no way of viewing their email logs, if it had been a staff member then possible.

Best way would be to spread some "important" news to clients, each one getting something different and see which one comes back to you.

aye we'd thought of that

Looking through the logs and the timings it looks as if maybe someone had an autoforwader set as the time it took from going out to being in the hands of the enemy was very very short

probably some idiot went on holiday and didn't think

but we have the email for our competitor and I think we'll be visiting a few sites and getting it into the hands of the spam merchants and the nigerians to start with.............................