Ashley's Umbro influence?

Craig

I know we've touched on this before and it was pointed out that Mike Ashley no longer has any 'financial interests' in Umbro, but I couldn't help noticing that all the teams who last season were wearing kits manufacturered by his brands are now being supplied with Umbro kits:

Birmingham (was Lonsdale, now Umbro)

Blackburn (was Lonsdale, now Umbro)

Sunderland (was Lonsdale, now Umbro)

Wigan (was JJB, now Umbro)

The last one is pretty interesting given that the Wigan chairman is the bloke who started the JJB empire and then sold it to Ashley - plus they're still the shirt sponsors.

Just wonder if part of Ashley's deal with Umbro was that he signed over all the football shirt contracts to Umbro. Bet he made a packet if he did...

Shrewd businessman - thank god we don't have a certain F Shepherd in charge any more ;)

Interesting, spotters badge to Craig.

I still think our shirts will be made by Lonsdale when our Adidas contract expires.

I hope not, chav brand. I'd like to stick with Adidas but if not I could handle Umbro.

I hope not too but Ashley owns the brand lock stock and barrel and he'll coin it in if they make our shirts.

I still think our shirts will be made by Lonsdale when our Adidas contract expires.

I hope not, chav brand. I'd like to stick with Adidas but if not I could handle Umbro.

I hope not too but Ashley owns the brand lock stock and barrel and he'll coin it in if they make our shirts.

We could wear Donnay socks too ;)

We could wear Donnay socks too ;)

and Dunlop boots.....

I know - quite sad isn't it, but I've always kind of taken interest on what all teams new kits are like. And it occurred to me there's a hell of a lot made by Umbro this season.

Personally I think he'd coin it in more from a big player like Adidas or Nike. The deal Chelsea are reporting to be on is absurd!

Ashley's relationship with Umbro is apparently frosty at the moment, he signed a deal with them to supply him with a certain number of England shirts and now he's refusing to buy as many as they had agreed which has understandably pissed them off.