Favourite Song Writers?

Tooj

When I think of this in the terms of hip-hop and lyricists Rakim is the name for me that immediately stands out, the age in which he wrote Paid In Full was truly remarkable, doing such things for one so young. I mean he never got the nickname God for nothing did he?

When I think of music as a whole I'd probably go for Ian Curtis and the Morrissey/Marr combination.

When I think of this in the terms of hip-hop and lyricists Rakim is the name for me that immediately stands out, the age in which he wrote Paid In Full was truly remarkable, doing such things for one so young. I mean he never got the nickname God for nothing did he?

When I think of music as a whole I'd probably go for Ian Curtis and the Morrissey/Marr combination.

Robbie Fowler tbh. :lol:

Good call Jonny, totally agree with your comments on Rakim, his slow and methodical delivery made his lyrics even more resonant.

In no order

Chuck D

Bono

Paul Simon

John Lennon

Kurt Cobain

KRS-One

Rakim

Alex Turner

Trent Reznor

Jeff Buckley

Noel Gallacher

herbie hancock

ryuchi sakamoto

ulrich schnauss

slowdive

john lennon

benard sumner

jonny marr

stevie wonder

my bloody valentine

are all names i'd associate with good songwriting.

there clearly are many others, just can't be arsed to list them!

50 Cent :lol:

I'd just like to make it clear that my comment should in no way be taken to mean that I think 50 Cent is a good song writer, or even a song writer at all.

Edited by ewerk

All depends on the genre of music you like.

R kelly for me too,Never has someone run a a genre of music for so long.

"The midget says mr. the man that payed me to this would kill me if i tell

He points the gun in his face, the midget say ''god i think i just shited on myself"

50 Cent :lol:

I'd just like to make it clear that my comment should in no way be taken to mean that I think 50 Cent is a good song writer, or even a song writer at all.

I don't understand the hating towards 50. He is a great rapper and makes brilliant music His latest song with Timbaland and JT is better than a load of rap songs out at the moment. yes his arrogant but there is a reason why he has sold so many hits and why alot of hip hop fans rate him. its because he makes some brilliant tracks.