Fine threat over T-shirt slogan

Fop

Luke 19:27 But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

Cue replies about context or that I'm not expert enough to understand it - it's a book and I can read.

You mean as in the context of a parable? But clearly you can read and are clever enough to see what's really going on with your amazing powers of interpretation. How about quoting the hundreds of other examples where he preaches about love, respect and tolerance?

Tbh I'm not even getting involved in this debate with you because a. I don't know enough about the bible and b. I can see the defensive stand you're already taking so I'm guessing it's going to be like debating with a brick wall and c. I really dislike your avatar.

Fair enough I admit to cherry picking - which is what its all based on after all.

What sort of a reaction would a t-shirt with 'Allah is a cunt' written on it get?

World War III ?

Fairly sure you'd quickly be arrested and hit as hard as possible under some spurious "anti-racism" law (which it clearly is nothing to do with).

There'd then be world wide riots and killings as soon as the TV media got hold of it and publicised it (with Muslims wearing KILL ALL KAFFIR and probably JESUS IS A CUNT t-shirts) demanding you be stoned to death and a written apology to Islam on behalf of every non-muslim in the West be made daily for the next 100 years.

Fortunately the Big Purple Sky Fairy is the One True God and eventually everything will be brought under the rule of its ever watchful tootoo.

Shouldn't be criminalised and really if i was religious then i wouldn't take offence since i'd patently think it was wrong and that Jesus wasn't a cnut at all! You'd have to be pretty weak in your faith to see a t-shirt slogan and think, sod it, he must be one after all, i've been wrong all these years. Its meant to wind people up and they should be bigger than to rise to it, but they never are.

As for a person wearing it, they shouldn't be criminalised, but they should be prepared to accept what comes their way in terms of peoples reactions because that t-shirt by and large is there to offend people, and get a reaction i'd imagine.

I agree with you that it's meaningless and shouldn't be criminalised however I don't see why people are getting all fussed at the issue as they probably wouldn't be if another t-shirt had a slogan in an attempt to cause offence but without anything to do with religion. I don't get all the uproar - do people feel threatened by religion?

I think its censorship involving religion that gets some people annoyed, because its something that is totally unproven and shouldn't be allowed to govern the lives or choices of individuals who don't believe any of it, yet it does. It wouldn't be accepted for anything else, for example you couldn't get things banned on tv/film/theater/t-shirts etc. because it offended people who believe in ufo's or who believe like David Ike that we're being ruled by giant lizard creatures in the guise of humans! :lol:

Religion plays a strong role in people's life though and it some cases it defines them. I think there's a big difference between someone's religious beliefs and the belief that somebody is a lizard. A secular person's perspective on religion is that it's irrelevant and has nothing to do with them, but it's a whole different issue if you are a religious follower.

Like I said I'm not here to argue for any abusvie messages about Jesus on a t-shirt (as I really couldn't care less and I doubt most Christians do in fairness) - just saying why people think it's an issue worth dealing with.

Edited by TheInspiration

Religion plays a strong role in people's life though and it some cases it defines them.

So does all mental illness tbh (and I include "fashion" as a mental illness too :lol:).

Papa Lazaru thinks the Lord of the Rings is a true story btw.

Are you suggesting it isn't like? Peter Jackson is the equivalent of Mohammed bringing the faith to the masses!

Anyway its written down like the bible, so it must be true!