Hammers confirm Eidur talks

Scottish Mag

West Ham have confirmed talks for striker Eidur Gudjohnsen are ongoing, but nothing has been agreed with Barcelona.

The former Chelsea ace has been interesting The Hammers after Thierry Henry's arrival pushed him down Frank Rijkaard's pecking order.

Gudjohnsen is believed to be available for just £6.7million, although the player's lofty demands are reportedly deterring other clubs from joining the hunt.

West Ham supremo Eggert Magnusson has denied the East Londoners have concurred on a price with Barca, but stated talks are continuing.

"Talks are ongoing," Magnusson confirmed to virir.is. "We have not had an offer accepted by Barcelona - the papers are wrong."

Manager Alan Curbishley may be prepared to push the boat out even further for Gudjohnsen following the side's disappointing 2-0 defeat to Manchester City on the opening weekend of the new season.

Sounding good to me this like lads :lol:

should do a swap deal with ameobi and money for johnson too :nufc:

Another short arse striker? Nah. I would personally keep Ameobi. Viduka will get injured this season and we will need a "big man" option.

Another short arse striker? Nah. I would personally keep Ameobi. Viduka will get injured this season and we will need a "big man" option.

Was there not talk about a big signing?

Yes, but will it be a striker??

Ameobi might as well be 4' for what use his height is to him....can't jump, won't jump, get Ainsley Harriot signed up he'd probably scare the defences more

Sounding good to me this like lads :nufc:

should do a swap deal with ameobi and money for johnson too :yes

I was going for big as in tall. :lol: