Quinn the new Shepherd?

IrishMag

Was having a read of another of the Sunlun obsessed Irish rags this morning when reading a piece about them where Eamon 'wanker' Dunphy suggested that Niall Quinn is fast becoming the new Fat Freddie, not in stature obviously.

Sunderland is becoming a media circus, Quinn is never out of the papers, never off our screens, and always so quick to have his voice heard. It smacks of him scampering to replace FF as t he Premier Leagues highest profile chairman.

What do you think?

A few of the Mackem's over on the SMB are getting annoyed that he's never out the press. Apparently came out with a very similar statement to his predecessor about leaving when Keane does.

Have to say personally of the two Quinn is and always will be nowhere near as embrassing as Fat Fred and of the two i'd have taken the NUFC equivalent of Quinn (say, Sir Les Ferdinand returning for example!) over Fat Fred.

Of course Quinn and his group have a long way to go to see if they actually achieve anything, but they've chosen what seems the right manager and backed him so far. Hope it all goes tits up but i don't see that happening. Nor am i worried about them troubling us and finishing higher either mind.

Always liked Quinn, particularly for his off the field generosity and the fact he comes across as a genuine guy however, he is in the spotlight a lot lately and although he's an ex-player, i dont think he should be commenting on football matters to the media. He should leave the talking to the coaching and playing staff.