Nobby to West Ham

wykikitoon

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He said he wants to be closer to his family. Why oh why, when Solano is playing in the North East, would you relocate your family to London?
He's divorced but wants to be near his kids, which he can no longer see almost every day as he did previously.

He said he wants to be closer to his family. Why oh why, when Solano is playing in the North East, would you relocate your family to London?

London is a great city to be fair.. as fond as I am of Newcastle, if I were a multi millionaire I know where I'd rather be.

That said, I'm surprised he wants to jump ship now..maybe him and BS don't get on?

London is a great city to be fair.. as fond as I am of Newcastle, if I were a multi millionaire I know where I'd rather be.

That said, I'm surprised he wants to jump ship now..maybe him and BS don't get on?

That in itself would be a pretty shallow reason, especially as it's West Ham he'd be joining.

Edited by TheInspiration

That in itself would be a pretty shallow reason, especially as it's West Ham he'd be joining.

i agree too, why doesnt he just relocate his family instead of fucking off to them cockney cunts :lol:

i agree too, why doesnt he just relocate his family instead of fucking off to them cockney cunts :lol:

Him and his wife have split up. She's moved to the Smoke with the kids. He wants to move closer to them so he can see them more regularly. Also there is a smashing trumpet shop just round the corner from upton park.

There's also a quality fast food store near there too. Me and a mate got loads of chicken and chips and a Coke for about £2.30 and it tasted really nice too. It was different today when I was at the Oval and paid nearly three times the price and got half as much.

Anyway, he can still make an effort to see his kids on a weekly basis and in the summer - it's only three hours on the train from Newcastle to London. He's only got himself to blame really for his actions.

London may well be the arsehole of the entire universe, I dunno why anyone would want to live there.

London may well be the arsehole of the entire universe, I dunno why anyone would want to live there.

I imagine it's a different kettle of fish when you've millions in the bank, can live in the posh bits, eat out at the posh restaurants, have VIP treatment in the posh bars etc. It's not like he's gonna need to live 2 hours out of the city and have to commute in on trains etc like your average punter. It's not difficult to see why pro footballers want to live there ahead of Newcastle tbh.

I imagine it's a different kettle of fish when you've millions in the bank, can live in the posh bits, eat out at the posh restaurants, have VIP treatment in the posh bars etc. It's not like he's gonna need to live 2 hours out of the city and have to commute in on trains etc like your average punter. It's not difficult to see why pro footballers want to live there ahead of Newcastle tbh.

Agreed. The london clubs have a massive advantage in attracting players now.

Anyway, he can still make an effort to see his kids on a weekly basis and in the summer - it's only three hours on the train from Newcastle to London. He's only got himself to blame really for his actions.

A little bit of over-simplifying here don't you think?, It may well only take 3 hours from Newcastle to Kings Cross by train but what about the time taken to get to the Central Station and the time taken to get to wherever his kids are in London. If you know London and how big it is then you know that 3 hour journey could turn into 6.

I agree it's his own fault but you can't fault him for wanting to be closer to his kids under any circumstance if it's at all possible.

Its not about London vs Newcastle anyway, Nobby has made it quite clear his wife has moved to London with the kids because of her career, leaving him with a simple choice of move to London and see alot of them or stay here and see alot less of them. He'd much prefer to be here as he loves it and feels at home but his kids aren't here, hence the problem, but he's said that already.

A little bit of over-simplifying here don't you think?, It may well only take 3 hours from Newcastle to Kings Cross by train but what about the time taken to get to the Central Station and the time taken to get to wherever his kids are in London. If you know London and how big it is then you know that 3 hour journey could turn into 6.

I agree it's his own fault but you can't fault him for wanting to be closer to his kids under any circumstance if it's at all possible.

Well to be fair it won't be nearly as long if he went via the Tube as you can get to most places in under an hour from King's Cross or wherever he'd be. However I can understand him wanting to see his kids as much as often as he'd feel very upset. At least it would only be for a year.

It's still the arsehole of the universe, that the people you are describing (fittingly broadly arseholes themselves) want to live there only adds to the evidence that it is IMO. :lol:

It's not the arsehole of the Universe at all. I have no idea why you would think that, unless you're a bit jealous. For young professionals it's the hotspot of the country in order to gain reputation and wealth, and has some of the best Academies of learning in the world. I wouldn't want to raise a family in Central London, but for young workers, it's ideal.

How many theatres can you go to in Newcastle? Art Galleries? Late night Bars? Festivals?

Arsehole of the Universe. Pfft.

FFS its probably quicker to take a flight from Newcastle to London than it is to drive across the capital !

Like you'd have to do after landing at the airport? :lol:

The point I'm trying to make is internal flights are becoming more of an option these days, and in terms of time, its probably as quick as it is to commute by car in some cases, so is it really so necessary to live in London ?

FFS its probably quicker to take a flight from Newcastle to London than it is to drive across the capital !

Like you'd have to do after landing at the airport? :lol:

The point I'm trying to make is internal flights are becoming more of an option these days, and in terms of time, its probably as quick as it is to commute by car in some cases, so is it really so necessary to live in London ?

That's a good point Mr.Jimbo, years ago people were buying homes in places like Derbyshire and commuting to London where they worked. They might still be.

It's not the arsehole of the Universe at all. I have no idea why you would think that, unless you're a bit jealous. For young professionals it's the hotspot of the country in order to gain reputation and wealth, and has some of the best Academies of learning in the world. I wouldn't want to raise a family in Central London, but for young workers, it's ideal.

How many theatres can you go to in Newcastle? Art Galleries? Late night Bars? Festivals?

And another reason I dislike London is the fact that many Londoners reckon it's the absolute centre of the universe.

And another reason I dislike London is the fact that many Londoners reckon it's the absolute centre of the universe.

Heh aye it's a horrible, horrible place, but dare to dislike it and you're just "jealous". :lol: (clearly you can't get Universities, Art Galleries, Festival or bars or "life" anywhere else - and even if you could they'd clearly be sub par) To be honest this is just another of the reasons that makes it the arsehole of the universe.

The good thing is if it's ever nuke humanity will will take a significant step up. :nufc:

Newcastle winger Nolberto Solano has asked for a move so he can be closer to his wife and children in London.

The Peru international, 32, is believed to be a target for West Ham after telling Newcastle of his wish to leave.

He said: "A decision will be made in the next couple of days. It's up to the two clubs but I want to go to London because my family have moved there.

"Clubs in Spain also want me but I won't go there, I will only leave Newcastle to go to London."

Solano is in his second spell with the Magpies after a stint with Aston Villa.

The popular midfielder, who was a second-half substitute in Newcastle's win over Bolton at the weekend, was handed a one-year deal in the summer by the club's new manager Sam Allardyce.

But he added: "My wife and I are separated and I miss my children. Sometimes you have to put your family first.

"Newcastle manager Sam Allardyce has been great, he's a great man. I've spoken to him and he says he won't stop me leaving.

"Leaving Newcastle will be hard because I feel they are on the verge of something big here."

Newcastle midfielder Kieron Dyer's proposed move to West Ham collapsed this month because the clubs could not agree on a fee.

London's a great place imo. It has loads to offer. I wouldn't want to live there myself although with Nobby's sort of money it would be a different matter.