Nobby to West Ham

wykikitoon

I used to live nearer London before I moved to the coast and I can safely say most of it is a complete shite hole with overpriced bars,shops and beggers,immigrants,buskers,homeless and street robbers a-plenty.

If I had millions I wouldnt touch it with a shitty stick.

On the plus side you cant help but get laid as its full of slags as a lot of footballers have found out whilst reading the news of the world over their Sunday breakfast staring at the bird they shagged the week before, selling their story

Edited by jaythesouthernmag

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway, he can still make an effort to see his kids on a weekly basis and in the summer - it's only three hours on the train from Newcastle to London. He's only got himself to blame really for his actions.

So does he forget all about training and match days does he?

As for he's only got himself to blame for his actions, none of us are perfect and I don't see him trying to put the blame on anyone else.

He's coming to the end of his career, he's served this club well for the best part of 9 years, he owes us nothing and deserves his choice to move on. I don't blame him for one minute for wanting to live and, more importantly, work close to his kids.

As has been said before, this is not a case of London v Newcastle. If Nobby's ex had taken his kids to live on Dartmoor, we'd probably see him wanting a move to Plymouth. It's his kids which are his deciding factor, nothing else.

There is more to life than football.

He's coming to the end of his career, he's served this club well for the best part of 9 years, he owes us nothing and deserves his choice to move on.

He can then just buy out the remainder of his contract surely?

He owes Newcastle nothing, but equally we owe him nothing if that is the case. Fair is fair.

He's coming to the end of his career, he's served this club well for the best part of 9 years, he owes us nothing and deserves his choice to move on.

He owes Newcastle nothing, but equally we owe him nothing if that is the case. Fair is fair.

He's asked for a transfer meaning that he's foregoing any loyalty bonus and that, given weve just renewed his contract, we can command a transfer fee for him.

In all seriousness, what is it in your opinion that we're giving him but don't owe him? :lol:

He's asked for a transfer meaning that he's foregoing any loyalty bonus and that, given weve just renewed his contract, we can command a transfer fee for him.

In all seriousness, what is it in your opinion that we're giving him but don't owe him? :lol:

A free transfer I would assume, which is what he wants.

If I had millions I'd get a nice house in cheshire and fly to work on a helicop...ter.......hang about?!

I think it was michael owen who did exactly that this morning.

Our office overlooks the training pitches and we saw a chopper land, drop someone off then take off again!

A free transfer I would assume, which is what he wants.

Has that actually been confirmed by either the club or the player or is it speculation?

It reminds me very much of the situation we were in which lead to Gavin Peacock leaving for Chelsea in 1993.

I used to live nearer London before I moved to the coast and I can safely say most of it is a complete shite hole with overpriced bars,shops and beggers,immigrants,buskers,homeless and street robbers a-plenty.

If I had millions I wouldnt touch it with a shitty stick.

On the plus side you cant help but get laid as its full of slags as a lot of footballers have found out whilst reading the news of the world over their Sunday breakfast staring at the bird they shagged the week before, selling their story

Lundan!

tubs_body_150x180.jpg

some of the criticisms of london are "wide of the mark" (Alan Oliver™)

it's got its shithole areas but so have most big cities - the toon included. too many geordies make as many dodgy generalisations about london life as the "it's grim up north" and "howay spuggy man" southern arseholes.

i live in east dulwich which is zone 2 and about half an hour door to door from where i work. it's got two lush parks within walking distance of my front door, tree-lined steets, decent football bars plus gastro pubs. and last time i checked there wasn't a cloud of smog hanging in the air or a gang of guitar playing, purse-snatching immigrants on my street corner .

too many of my own mates from back home slag off london when all they're basing it on is a few beers near a shithole football like west ham or white heart line and night out in leicester square. it really isn't that bad.

it's got its shithole areas but so have most big cities - the toon included. too many geordies make as many dodgy generalisations about london life as the "it's grim up north" and "howay spuggy man" southern arseholes.

i live in east dulwich which is zone 2 and about half an hour door to door from where i work. it's got two lush parks within walking distance of my front door, tree-lined steets, decent football bars plus gastro pubs. and last time i checked there wasn't a cloud of smog hanging in the air or a gang of guitar playing, purse-snatching immigrants on my street corner .

too many of my own mates from back home slag off london when all they're basing it on is a few beers near a shithole football like west ham or white heart line and night out in leicester square. it really isn't that bad.

London is so big that I think almost anyone could find a place they liked. I lived there for 7 years and while there is plenty to dislike, there's no place like it. Newcastle is a cracking city with pretty much everything you could need...but for London has everything you could WANT too.

London is so big that I think almost anyone could find a place they liked. I lived there for 7 years and while there is plenty to dislike, there's no place like it. Newcastle is a cracking city with pretty much everything you could need...but for London has everything you could WANT too.

Apart from decent fish and chips, or any other decent northern food. :woosh:

there's decent chippies plus pie and mash shops in the east end. i agree that they're scarce elsewhere.

there's decent chippies plus pie and mash shops in the east end. i agree that they're scarce elsewhere.

Do they do scraps?

Apart from decent fish and chips, or any other decent northern food. <_<

Do they do scraps?

You suave bastard... :woosh:

:huff:

batter bits are rank. that's pure grease man.

you can get curry sauce and gravy in the east end. not many good chippys near me mind. they're mostly chinese or dodgy kebab shops

Try getting fish and chips in Scotland man. "Salt and sauce?" I was asked. I assumed it was some weird version of salt and vinegar and agreed and got chips that had been drowned in brown sauce ffs!?

Try getting fish and chips in Scotland man. "Salt and sauce?" I was asked. I assumed it was some weird version of salt and vinegar and agreed and got chips that had been drowned in brown sauce ffs!?

aye i've had that. rank.

never seen the world reknowned deep fried mars bars and deep fried pizzas though. are they an urban myth or what?

aye i've had that. rank.

never seen the world reknowned deep fried mars bars and deep fried pizzas though. are they an urban myth or what?

I've had a deep-fried mars bar, think it was in Penrith. Tastes like a chocolate doughnut as the choccy and batter melt together.