Rozehnal happy with debut

bawan

Newcastle defender David Rozehnal was delighted with his Premier League debut for the club.

Sam Allardyce's side began the season with a 3-1 win at Bolton thanks to a goal from Charles N'Zogbia and two from Obafemi Martins.

Rozehnal, who joined The Magpies from Paris Saint Germain, was impressed with the way his new team-mates performed.

"It was beautiful, I could not have imagined it going better," he told Pravo. "The game was played in a great atmosphere and the result was great.

"We played really well in the first half and scored three goals in half an hour which broke Bolton down. The second half was slightly worse, but overall, we managed it well.

"The coach was satisfied. He enjoyed the win, after all it is important to start the season well."

The Czech stopper almost got himself on the score sheet on his Newcastle debut when he narrowly failed to connect with N'Zogbia's free-kick.

"I was not far from scoring in the game," Rozehnal said.

"N'Zogbia took a great free-kick from distance and their goalkeeper probably did not expect that it could go all the way through into the net.

"I was jumping to make the header and I missed the ball by a few centimetres."

Rozehnal admits his first taste of Premier League football was an interesting experience.

He added: "The league debut showed me that the Premier League is a huge ride from the first to the last minute.

"Compared to Ligue 1 there is much more commitment, toughness, tempo and aggressiveness. You must be alert all match long.

"I picked up some knocks, fortunately nothing serious. My team-mates had prepared me for this before the game and after they said 'welcome to England'."

Yeah I agree, he has been very solid thus far. The lad likes to play a bit too with the ball at his feet. Without putting a negative spin on it, I hope he doesn't get caught out overplaying the ball, sometimes it's better to hoof it away. But he's an international with tremendous repute, so I'm sure he would know this.