I Can't Get No Sleep

Tooj

I had serious sleep problems for ages. If it ever bothers you, being sensible is the only solution. I liked staying up late so had to put up with the fact I wouldn't sleep regular. After a while I got sick of being shattered and the following tips sorted me out...

1. Go to bed at the same time every night.

2. Get up at the same time every morning, irrespective of how much sleep you got that night.

3. The alloted-bed time and rise time should give you at least 6 hours.

4. The alloted-bed time and rise time should give you at most 8 hours.

5. Don't eat anything for an hour or two before bed (especially sugary food). Fruit or toast if you must have something.

6. Use your bedroom only for sleep and sex. Don't watch telly, read a book or play any games in bed.

7. Allow as little light into your room as possible, complete darkness is best.

8. Concentrate on going to sleep as soon as your head hits the pillow. I find it useful to try and try and see the lightshow that occurs behind your eyes when they're closed.

9. Allocate half an hour before bed as thinking time. Have a bath or a wank or a shit but nothing that gets your mind ticking over (like a chat forum).

10. Turn any clocks away from you in bed so you cannot find out how long you've been lying there.

11. If you're thinking "shit, I can't get to sleep. Get up and don't go back to bed until you're tired. 10 - 15 minutes is a general rule of thumb on how much time to give yourself (but you shouldn't keep checking a clock).

12. Alcohol in excess is bad for sleep. If you go an a bender on Saturday, excpect little sleep on Sunday night. Lots of water on Sunday will lessen the effect.

Don't think there's much chance of me getting any sleep any time soon either. The deaf old bloke upstairs has his telly on blasting, is hoovering and has his washer on an'all :lol:

I had serious sleep problems for ages. If it ever bothers you, being sensible is the only solution. I liked staying up late so had to put up with the fact I wouldn't sleep regular. After a while I got sick of being shattered and the following tips sorted me out...

2. Get up at the same time every morning, irrespective of how much sleep you got that night.

5. Don't eat anything for an hour or two before bed (especially sugary food). Fruit or toast if you must have something.

6. Use your bedroom only for sleep and sex. Don't watch telly, read a book or play any games in bed.

8. Concentrate on going to sleep as soon as your head hits the pillow. I find it useful to try and try and see the lightshow that occurs behind your eyes when they're closed.

9. Allocate half an hour before bed as thinking time. Have a bath or a wank or a shit but nothing that gets your mind ticking over (like a chat forum).

10. Turn any clocks away from you in bed so you cannot find out how long you've been lying there.

11. If you're thinking "shit, I can't get to sleep. Get up and don't go back to bed until you're tired. 10 - 15 minutes is a general rule of thumb on how much time to give yourself (but you shouldn't keep checking a clock).

12. Alcohol in excess is bad for sleep. If you go an a bender on Saturday, excpect little sleep on Sunday night. Lots of water on Sunday will lessen the effect.

Sugary food a no no, then you suggest Fruit :lol:

I once read that listening to a radio helps some people. It has to be a chat show though not music. Put it on low and youll soon be asleep. I do it, I listen to Radio 5 Live. The human voice is cumforting and youre soon asleep :nufc:

I once read that listening to a radio helps some people. It has to be a chat show though not music. Put it on low and youll soon be asleep. I do it, I listen to Radio 5 Live. The human voice is cumforting and youre soon asleep :nufc:

That works for me too, but only if it's something finite, like a half-hour programme on "listen again" or if you set the sleep timer or whatever. Otherwise you get these voices ticking away in your head all night and find yourself having bizarre dreams about floods in Indonesia, customer satisfaction surveys, the Masters golf or whatever else they're talking about all night long.

That might just be me though. :lol:

I once read that listening to a radio helps some people. It has to be a chat show though not music. Put it on low and youll soon be asleep. I do it, I listen to Radio 5 Live. The human voice is cumforting and youre soon asleep :yes

That works for me too, but only if it's something finite, like a half-hour programme on "listen again" or if you set the sleep timer or whatever. Otherwise you get these voices ticking away in your head all night and find yourself having bizarre dreams about floods in Indonesia, customer satisfaction surveys, the Masters golf or whatever else they're talking about all night long.

That might just be me though. :nufc:

:lol:

I did have some weird dreams after listening to 5Live after 9/11

Ahh it suddenly all makes sense :lol: