Family Guy

Holden McGroin

Can't watch Family Guy anymore after South Park ripped into it and tore the whole concept apart.

It took an episode of South Park for you to understand the concept of Family Guy?

FG is for a large part a number of random sketches thrown into a storyline, that's what I like about it, I don't think it has ever pretended to be anything else.

Can't watch Family Guy anymore after South Park ripped into it and tore the whole concept apart.

It took an episode of South Park for you to understand the concept of Family Guy?

FG is for a large part a number of random sketches thrown into a storyline, that's what I like about it, I don't think it has ever pretended to be anything else.

Where did I say that?

Where did I say that?

You said you can't watch it after SP took the concept and ripped it apart, the FG concept isn't any big secret and SP didn't do anything explosive, they just spelt it out for mongs.

Again, where did I say I didn't understand the concept of Family Guy before SP ripped it?

Family Guy was already floundering. The most damning indictment was when Parker & Stone actually wrote better FG flashbacks than Macfarlane

If you understood the concept then there would be nothing to rip and you wouldn't have stopped watching it just because SP don't like it.

Parker and Stone tore it to shreds man, are you saying they didn't understand it?

IF YOU TINK THATS BAAAAAAAAAAAD

All they did was spell out the fact that FG is largely made up of non-sensical flashbacks and plot lines, that was already obvious to anyone with half a brain. What exactly was it in the SP episode that meant you could no longer watch it?

American Dad > Family Guy > Futurama > The Simpsons > Cheese on Toast > One of J69'S arcade machines > South Park

Since you got it wrong, I'll try

The Simpsons > South Park (the movie, anyway, hardly seen any since the first series) > Cheese on Toast > Aqua Teen Hunger Force > Futurama > Family Guy > One of J69'S arcade machines > American Dad

American Dad > Family Guy > Futurama > The Simpsons > Cheese on Toast > One of J69'S arcade machines > South Park

The Simpsons > South Park (the movie, anyway, hardly seen any since the first series) > Cheese on Toast > Aqua Teen Hunger Force > Futurama > Family Guy > One of J69'S arcade machines > American Dad > Happy Face's opinion

FYP

:woosh:

The Simpsons > South Park (the movie, anyway, hardly seen any since the first series) > Cheese on Toast > Aqua Teen Hunger Force > Futurama > Family Guy > One of J69'S arcade machines > American Dad > Happy Face's opinion

FYP

Sometimes the truth is unpalletable. You mightn't like my opinion, but it's as good as fact. FACT!

FYP

Sometimes the truth is unpalletable. You mightn't like my opinion, but it's as good as fact. FACT!

Safety Wink...there was a safety wink!!!

I take Family Guy for what it is, a 20+ minute animated show with the odd sketch thrown in. I personally think it's better than anything The Simpson's creators have churned out for a very, very long time. Order wise it is quite obviously...

Old Simpsons > South Park > Family Guy > Futurama > New Simpsons > American Dad

I take Family Guy for what it is, a 20+ minute animated show with the odd sketch thrown in. I personally think it's better than anything The Simpson's creators have churned out for a very, very long time. Order wise it is quite obviously...

Old Simpsons > Futurama > South Park > Family Guy > New Simpsons > American Dad :woosh:

Simpsons series 2 to 6 were some of the best cartoon moments in history. As soon as they made Homer a parody of himself it started going downhill for me.

Old Simpsons > Futurama > South Park > Family Guy > New Simpsons > American Dad :woosh:

Simpsons series 2 to 6 were some of the best cartoon moments in history. As soon as they made Homer a parody of himself it started going downhill for me.

They quite clearly started running out of storylines so just started rehashing old ones but made them so bad that no one really noticed. You're right though, Homer has went from being a brilliant cartoon creation to an annoying parody.

The last season of the Simpsons I've seen all episodes from is series 8.

Just got series 9 on DVD and some of the ones I haven't seen are hilarious. The one where Homer gets a gun is genius, as is the Lord of the Flies one.

"So the children learned how to function as a society, and eventually they were rescued by, oh, let's say.. Moe"

Canyonero is superb too.

Just got series 9 on DVD and some of the ones I haven't seen are hilarious. The one where Homer gets a gun is genius, as is the Lord of the Flies one.

"So the children learned how to function as a society, and eventually they were rescued by, oh, let's say.. Moe"

:huff:

Canyonero is superb too.

Always had you down as a pseudo-reviewer :woosh:

:huff:

Canyonero is superb too.

Always had you down as a pseudo-reviewer :woosh:

<_<

Took me a while to work that out.