Phil Neville

Row Z

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PN is a good player. People knock him because of his performances for England (many of which were on the left if memory serves) and because his brother is a better player. But he's so much better than Carr it doesn't bare thinking about and would provide cover for a number of positions.

I do think for £4m though we could do better abroad but of course when you bring in untried players you're always taking a gamble.

Very good player. I think people have finally stopped knocking him after he's proved himself at Everton. I remember him filling in the holding role at ManU when Keane was injured. He was picked ahead of Butt on regular occassions(especially against Vieira/Arsenal) and he always excelled. Seems a decent lad too.

Might all be bollocks though as Sam has sadi that there's nothing left for him in the Premier League and will shop abroad. I also don't see Moyes letting him go.

Apparently The Express are reporting XXXL Sam poised with a £4m bid. I reckon it's just tosh, as I can't see Moyes letting him go. But just in case there's a shred of truth in it...

Oi, Sam, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Guest stevieintoon

I wouldn't cry. He's a far far far better player than he's ever been given credit for, and hsi appearance for Man Utd never did their prospects any harm. People remember him for that rash tackle against Romania, but he's one of them people who idiots will brand shit when he finishes because it's a popular thing to say, when really he's a really useful highly versatile player to have. Not that I'd want him in our midfield mind.

I would take Neville over Carr any day but £4m aint cheap. I think BS will put some foreign name out of his arse for our new RB. Like the sound of Faye from Bolton tho`

Neville far superior to Faye tbh, easily worth the extra £2.5m touted.

He'd easily by the first choice RB though. I agree it's a bit expensive for his age, as I said, but if you could get 3 good seasons out of him (he seems very fit and hasn't had many bad injuries iirc) then it wouldn't the worst buy by any means. There's not a lot of risk involved either as you know exactly what you're getting. Can't see them selling though, unless it's to fund Yakuba coming in or something.

He's the main reason Everton have been doing well in recent seasons. Absolutely solid and as DK says, gets criticised for his performances for England.

I'd have him here like a shot :lol:

Guest stevieintoon
He is pug ugly though.

To quote wor lass: "He looks like he's got something wrong with him."

Well who cares what he fuckin looks like, its not like we're gonna fuckin shag him! Havin said that one or two on here probably would.

Edited by stevieintoon

I wouldn't cry. He's a far far far better player than he's ever been given credit for, and hsi appearance for Man Utd never did their prospects any harm. People remember him for that rash tackle against Romania, but he's one of them people who idiots will brand shit when he finishes because it's a popular thing to say, when really he's a really useful highly versatile player to have. Not that I'd want him in our midfield mind.

Was that not Le Saux ??? During France '98, you mean?? :lol:

I wouldn't be surprised if I'm wrong, as the sands of time drift around my heed quite unchecked :nufc:

I wouldn't be surprised if I'm wrong, as the sands of time drift around my heed quite unchecked :nufc:

i just remember him kicking Keith Gillespie up ahight in his first game against man u at sjp - Gillespie had to be stretcherd off -

Euro 2000, Shearer's last game for England iirc.

i just remember him kicking Keith Gillespie up ahight in his first game against man u at sjp - Gillespie had to be stretcherd off -

I can just picture you as this vision of rage, wanting to rip his fuckin' throat out!! :yes Something tells me I wouldn't be far wrong. Correct??

I can just picture you as this vision of rage, wanting to rip his fuckin' throat out!! :yes Something tells me I wouldn't be far wrong. Correct??

put it this way i still havent forgave him :icon_lol:

I wouldn't be surprised if I'm wrong, as the sands of time drift around my heed quite unchecked :yes

Euro 2000, Shearer's last game for England iirc.

Aye, now I remember the tournament. Cheers. But it was Neville, or Le Saux? I remember a full back giving away a pen or missing a tackle near the goal line?? :nufc:

put it this way i still havent forgave him :icon_lol:

So you're deffo in the 'we don't want the tosser at NUFC' camp. Good. Come into my tent and snuggle up close :icon_lol: