Panorama last night

Jusoda Kid

Was all about the gang culture in London amongst teenagers, been quite a few stabbings apparently. It was no suprise to me to see that they were all black, all were wearing baseball caps and shades, all talked as if they were american, slipping this, jacking that, then they had the cheek to say that they were stereo typed to 'the max'. WTF

Bit of advice for them, stop joining gangs, stop walking about with a jeans hanging off your arse, lose the fake limp then maybe just maybe you mightn't get shot or stabbed.

When Jeremy Vine asked if they ever carried a knife, one of them just smirked and said 'no man' with a look on his face as if to say 'of course i do, I'm a gangsta'.

Makes me fucking sick, hope he gets his fucking brains blown out, we'll see how clever the arrogant little fuck is then :lol:

I saw bits of it when switching over from C4.

My opinion is theres too much respect for the culture thats evolved in those areas - people are afraid to say that its not cool to be thick, its not cool to sound thick and its not cool to be in gangs but theres a notion that just saying that is racist.

Of course similar problems exist in the north east with generations of "scum" which has got nothing to do with race which shows that the bigger picture is more complicated than that.

Had to stop watching it after about 5 minutes tbh as it was so fucking annoying and depressing at the same time.

I recorded it and watched it this morning, it's got me bastard seething tbh, the arrogance of one of them in particular was astounding. His mam and dad had sent him here from Nigeria i think to stay with relatives for a better education, you could tell though all he was interested in though was becooming a 'G' :lol:

Edited by Wacky Jnr

I have to disagree with a few things.

One its no suprise they were all black because they were focusing on a smalls number of groups (although I am fairly sure one of them was chinese which I wouldn't class as black). Doesn't mean you don't get white "gangstas" just they were obviously in a part of London and a group of people who just hung around with a majority of black friends.

I also don't think their only interest was to become a "gangsta". Their was a cockyness and a bit of arrogance about them but they are 15 and being interviewed on tv! All childish bravado (sp?).

If they wanted to be in a gang I am sure they would have joined one, the whole programme was about 2 kids trying to get by without joining gangs but having to be fairly close to the whole culture to feel safe in obviously very dangerous area's. No shock this was all missed because of what they wore and how they spoke though. Young, black and dressed like a charver must mean they are wannabe "gangstas" though right?

One its no suprise they were all black because they were focusing on a smalls number of groups (although I am fairly sure one of them was chinese which I wouldn't class as black). Doesn't mean you don't get white "gangstas" just they were obviously in a part of London and a group of people who just hung around with a majority of black friends.

I also don't think their only interest was to become a "gangsta". Their was a cockyness and a bit of arrogance about them but they are 15 and being interviewed on tv! All childish bravado (sp?).

If they wanted to be in a gang I am sure they would have joined one, the whole programme was about 2 kids trying to get by without joining gangs but having to be fairly close to the whole culture to feel safe in obviously very dangerous area's. No shock this was all missed because of what they wore and how they spoke though. Young, black and dressed like a charver must mean they are wannabe "gangstas" though right?

Get by without joining gangs...my arse. One in particular thought he was 50 cent, more edge than a broken piss pot. If thats how he acted on camera I would hate to see how he acts off it, you must have led a sheltered life if you can't see it.

Wannabe gangsters thats all they were my friend.

Get by without joining gangs...my arse. One in particular thought he was 50 cent, more edge than a broken piss pot. If thats how he acted on camera I would hate to see how he acts off it, you must have led a sheltered life if you can't see it.

I love that saying.

My opinion is theres too much respect for the culture thats evolved in those areas - people are afraid to say that its not cool to be thick, its not cool to sound thick and its not cool to be in gangs but theres a notion that just saying that is racist.

People that have tried get castigated for racism, when what they are trying to do is the exact opposite.

Even Trevor Phillips then head of the commission for racial equality said it was appalling these issues could not be raise objectively without people doing it being condemned as racist (which is ironic as usually HE was using "racism" as a bludgeon for his own political agenda).

Is it because of their race that they're acting like this or is it because of the area they're living in? Genuine question.

Bit of both imo. As I said there are similar areas in the NE which have the same problems where I'd say theres a desire to live up to a "hard geordie" image which is paralleled by the gangsta shite.

Is it because of their race that they're acting like this or is it because of the area they're living in? Genuine question.

Bit of both imo. As I said there are similar areas in the NE which have the same problems where I'd say theres a desire to live up to a "hard geordie" image which is paralleled by the gangsta shite.

Another parallel is the knife culture especially prevalent in Glasgow.

Give the kid a chance, he was just telling it how it is, respect for that man. As Ice Cube said in Boyz In The Hood, "they don't know, don't show, or just don't care about whats going on in the hood"! :lol::nufc::yes

The little prick was still getting dropped off at school by his mam ffs!

They'll be sprinkling the street corner of his hood with their alco-pop (in a brown paper bag obviously) in memory of this wannabe "g" within 6 months tops.

Yeah other "gang cultures" exist (and usually within deprived areas), but what we have in a lot of UK cities now is imported US "gangsta" culture. Which isn't really race dependent, but I guess in that specific case is likely to be a least a bit racially influenced.

Its depressing as hell, I just popped down the local highstreet and its just full of dolebums and charvas and general scum, its a cancer eating away at this country.

Its not me who has lived the sheltered life if you honestly think a 15 year being interviewed on tv about gang culture isn't going to play up more than he usually does.

Then I bet you were the perfect little fella at 15 years old, never in any trouble. Or does that not count because you aren't black?

As others have said, this sort of shit is happening all over the country, rude boy charvers dressed up like they favourite rap stars thinking "they iz the shit"! Black, white or asian.

Its not me who has lived the sheltered life if you honestly think a 15 year being interviewed on tv about gang culture isn't going to play up more than he usually does.

Then I bet you were the perfect little fella at 15 years old, never in any trouble. Or does that not count because you aren't black?

As others have said, this sort of shit is happening all over the country, rude boy charvers dressed up like they favourite rap stars thinking "they iz the shit"! Black, white or asian.

Watch Crimewatch :lol:

Blatantly got black mates dripping in bling talking the shizzle....what time is it Jon :nufc:

Watch Crimewatch :nufc:

Blatantly got black mates dripping in bling talking the shizzle....what time is it Jon :yes

I bet you read the news like....

Black male arrested for attack of white youth - "Oh look the blacks again! Should ship em back to the country they came from" which funnily enough is probably England.

White male arrested for attack on black youth - "Probably some rude boy gangsta wannabe anyway, fair play"

:lol:

Edited by Gejon

Blatantly got black mates dripping in bling talking the shizzle....what time is it Jon :yes

Black male arrested for attack of white youth - "Oh look the blacks again! Should ship em back to the country they came from" which funnily enough is probably England.

White male arrested for attack on black youth - "Probably some rude boy gangsta wannabe anyway, fair play"

them stories would be headlined in the following way

Male arrested for attack on youth

White male arrested for racist attack on black youth

them stories would be headlined in the following way

Male arrested for attack on youth

White male arrested for racist attack on black youth

In the Sun, Mail, Express etc.? Are you for real?