Owen feels 'fine'

bawan

Michael Owen emerged unscathed from a 60-minute run out for Newcastle United's reserves on Monday.

The England international striker missed much of the club's pre-season and sat out their opening win against Bolton with a thigh strain.

However, Owen featured in the 2-0 win over Newcastle Blue Star, confirming his availability ahead of this weekend's clash with Aston Villa.

The former Liverpool ace will now be looking to prove his fitness ahead of England's crucial Euro 2008 qualifiers next month.

"I feel fine, it was only a small injury, a niggle," he told the club's official website.

"It had me out for a couple of weeks but I've trained for the last four or five days and I was confident I'd be fine and it was good to get back out on the pitch.

"It's a little frustrating to have missed some of the pre-season games but I've been able to do all the running work."

Guest stevieintoon
Michael Owen emerged unscathed from a 60-minute run out for Newcastle United's reserves on Monday.

The England international striker missed much of the club's pre-season and sat out their opening win against Bolton with a thigh strain.

However, Owen featured in the 2-0 win over Newcastle Blue Star, confirming his availability ahead of this weekend's clash with Aston Villa.

The former Liverpool ace will now be looking to prove his fitness ahead of England's crucial Euro 2008 qualifiers next month.

"I feel fine, it was only a small injury, a niggle," he told the club's official website.

"It had me out for a couple of weeks but I've trained for the last four or five days and I was confident I'd be fine and it was good to get back out on the pitch.

"It's a little frustrating to have missed some of the pre-season games but I've been able to do all the running work."

Bawan - always first with the exclusives.

He should be working for ohmelads.com :lol:

Fuck them i wanna work for the Chronicle :yes

As long as you get rid of Alan Oliver.

Hes no competition for me

He means, y'know... get rid of. You'd be doing the world a favour. :nufc:

Fuck them i wanna work for the Chronicle :icon_lol:

thats what i ment...as soon as i get the job hes on his way :yes

Fuck them i wanna work for the Chronicle :icon_lol:

thats what i ment...as soon as i get the job hes on his way :yes

"I understand that sources close to Mr. Oliver are busy nibbling at his cadaver"