Geremi/Nick Butt

Joey Barton/Emre

James Milner/Nolberto Solano

Jose Enrique/Celestine Babayaro

David Rozehnal/David Edgar

Claudio Cacapa/Steven Taylor/Paul Huntington

Steven Carr/

Shay Given/Steve Harper

Really starting to shape up well, not that I'm comparing player for player, but the quality of the squad is really starting to look as strong as it did back then with two or three more players yet to sign this season.

Our striker situation is probably as good as it was when we had Shearer in Ferdinand when you look at what we have to offer up front this season.

In midfield I feel BS is still looking to replace or add another attacking midfielder with Dyer/Nobby looking to leave and hopefully secure a right-back or versatile defender at the back.

We've got experience, youth & plenty of quality so I'm really looking forward to this Saturday and what the rest of the season has to bring.

:lol:

Guest stevieintoon

Not an exclusive, but I've been told for an absolute fact, that there will be at least one more defender before the start of the season, an injury to two centre halfs would leave us fucked, new CH and RB please.

Not an exclusive, but I've been told for an absolute fact, that there will be at least one more defender before the start of the season, an injury to two centre halfs would leave us fucked, new CH and RB please.

And Leighton Baines?

Guest stevieintoon

And Leighton Baines?

Pipe down Consett

Season has already started :lol:

Season has already started :nufc:

What a cock!

Defence still looks weak/inexperienced. I agree we need at least another RB & CH before the window shuts and I'm not convinced with Babayaro as cover for LB.

Ideally I'd want another midfielder with Zog and Nobby being uncertainties (Solano hasn't got many years left in him regardless) and if the rumour about Phil Neville is true, that would cover both the midfield and LB base

Forgive me if I laugh ! HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!