Heskey backed for recall

Scottish Mag

Chris Hutchings believes Wigan Athletic striker Emile Heskey should win an England recall.

The powerful hit-man has 43 caps and five goals for his country, but has not featured since Euro 2004.

England are short of attacking options for their upcoming friendly with Germany and Latics boss Hutchings believes Steve McClaren need look no further than Heskey.

"I think he should be in that squad. I've got every confidence of him getting back in that squad," he told Sky Sports News.

"It's nice to have that experience of someone who can go in and Steve (McClaren) will know can do that job, if he's called upon."

Meanwhile, Hutchings is hoping to add a few more players to his squad ahead of the transfer deadline, but would not be too disappointed if the club's chequebook simply gathered dust.

"We've got no one in the pipeline at this moment in time, but we are looking at other players," he added.

"Hopefully we might be able to bring one or two more in, but only time will tell.

"We've got quite a few good strikers, which is important. I'm happy with our squad."

There has been some persistent rumours in the last couple of days that Ferguson has made enquiries about him :lol:

F*** me! Emile Heskey and Man Utd, they go together like fish & custard :nufc:

There has been some persistent rumours in the last couple of days that Ferguson has made enquiries about him :lol:

F*** me! Emile Heskey and Man Utd, they go together like fish & custard :nufc:

MMMMMMmmmmmmmm fish and custard .......Ahhhhggggggggggg (in a homer type voice)

"It's nice to have that experience of someone who can go in and Steve (McClaren) will know can do that job"

"The powerful hit-man has 43 caps and five goals for his country"

Hmmm.. right haha

I'm sure McClaren would sooner call up Bent, Ashton, Johnson.

Edited by Stephen

"It's nice to have that experience of someone who can go in and Steve (McClaren) will know can do that job"

"The powerful hit-man has 43 caps and five goals for his country"

Hmmm.. right haha

I'm sure McClaren would sooner call up Bent, Ashton, Johnson.

Add ameobi to that list lol. Heskey is bollocks