Peter Ridsdale up to his old tricks ?

Jimbo

Cardiff City's main financial backers have initiated legal proceedings against the club over claims they have not repaid more than £30m in debts.

Law firm Hextalls LLP, acting on behalf of Cardiff backers Langston, have accused the club's board of mismanaging their finances.

Cardiff are also accused of misleading the public about the health of their accounts for the year ending May 2006.

"Any allegations are refuted," said Cardiff chairman Peter Ridsdale.

Ridsdale added: "The statements released by Hextalls LLP seem to be an ill informed mixture of fiction and general confusion."

The Hextalls LLP's statement read: "Our client's claim is that this sum is due for payment now as a result of the club's inability to meet certain deadlines as well as breaching the terms of its loan agreement in respect of the capital sum plus interest.

"It had been hoped to resolve the matter privately and in confidence but the club has repeatedly ignored numerous requests to discuss the debt and its implications.

"As a result of legal proceedings commencing, the issues have now become public and therefore this statement is being made.

"The court action is being taken reluctantly but our client has been left with no alternative following the club's failure to respond to repeated approaches."

You'd have thought he'd have learnt his lesson over Leeds.

In a just world he'd have been banned for life from going anywhere near a football club. It bemuses me that running onto a football pitch is a criminal offense, but utterly destroying one is seemingly fine.

In a just world he'd have been banned for life from going anywhere near a football club. It bemuses me that running onto a football pitch is a criminal offense, but utterly destroying one is seemingly fine.

Precisely....

He effectively bankrupted Leeds United and therefore he should have been blacklisted and never allowed to run a company (never mind being specific and say a football club) again!

Guest stevieintoon
I've a family member who has had dealings with Risdale recently who has found it hard to get money out of him or the club, not too surprising really.

Willo Flood? Hope you don't look like him.

I've a family member who has had dealings with Risdale recently who has found it hard to get money out of him or the club, not too surprising really.

Like identical twins. :huff::woosh:

Guest stevieintoon

Like identical twins. :huff::woosh:

He seems like a canny lad, like someone who's been chucked off the street and in to professional football, and is loving it. Hope he does well at Dundee United, his early promise suggested he was above that level though.

Saw Ridsdale on SSN this morning saying he restructured the debt so I didnt need paying back for 20 years, using words like "I Believe" & "I understand it to be". Wouldnt trust him as far as I could throw him, plus they are after Fat Eddie Murphy which wont be cheap. Cardiff fans be afraid

Precisely....

He effectively bankrupted Leeds United and therefore he should have been blacklisted and never allowed to run a company (never mind being specific and say a football club) again!

Although tbh if things were run like that a lot of people in the UK currently running fairly large companies wouldn't be allowed too (but that would be probably a good thing).