Belletti may quit Barca

Jimbo

Juliano Belletti says he wants to stay at Barcelona, but admits he is considering offers from other clubs.

The Brazilian full-back's chances were limited last season following the arrival of Gianluca Zambrotta and Lilian Thuram from Juventus.

Belletti is also believed to be one of the players Barca are looking off-load after the arrival of defenders Eric Abidal and Gabi Milito in the summer.

"It's difficult. Barcelona say they want me to stay and I want to stay, but we're hearing other things," Belletti explained.

"My agent is listening to offers and so are the club, I think."

Belletti has been included in the Barca squad for Wednesday's friendly against Bayern Munich at the Olympic Stadium.

isn't he a left back though? i would have thought right back would be the position we need to look at now we've sound enrique

Me too, but he sounds like he would be better covering that position than Babayaro whose never fit to in anyways.

isn't he a left back though? i would have thought right back would be the position we need to look at now we've sound enrique

He is a right back.

Ahhh.

So in other words he's knowt like Ashely Cole...!

Steven Taylor's gonna feel under pressure surely.

Enrique

Rozehnal

Cacapa

Yipes

Faye

Taylor?

Personally I don't think the Yepes deal is gonna happen. I could be wrong, all though that's highly unlikely not to be the case.

I do think they should maybe send Huntington and even Edgar out on loan as they've gto no chance really.

Enrique

Rozehnal

Cacapa

Yipes

Faye

Taylor?

Personally I don't think the Yepes deal is gonna happen. I could be wrong, all though that's highly unlikely not to be the case.

I do think they should maybe send Huntington and even Edgar out on loan as they've gto no chance really.

Not arsed really. Taylor still has a hell of a lot to prove imo.

Ronaldinho speaking about belletti after his winning goal in the CL Final

Ronaldinho said: “To win this title for Barcelona, a team with 106 years, is amazing. Its a dream come true for me. Absolutely a wonderful day in my career. When Belletti came into the game we got even more aggressive. He was decisive for the victory over such a strong team. Belletti deserved to score. So many criticism, so many people saying a lot of things… but here in Europe he is considered one of the best in his position and, to me, one of the best in the world, so my happiness is doubled today. To see him becoming part of the football history, in a competition of such importance was a great pleasure to me. He totally deserved it”.

Belletti, soon after the game said that he was very happy with the recognition of the coach and the technical commission as well as the player’s that told him he deserved it. “When the best player in the world comes to you and say that you deserved it, what else can you expect?”

He was asked about his absence in the World Cup: “I’m very happy today knowing I helped our team to get in the tournament”.

I must be honest with you. I didn’t know that Belletti was under criticism. I absolutely can’t understand why, because in all the Barcelona’s matches I saw, he made the team more aggressive and more worthy of scoring. This fact just made his goal even more tasty, more important and more exciting. It can be an inspiration for our other ‘media/fans hunted’ players like Ronaldo and Adriano

Enrique

Rozehnal

Cacapa

Yipes

Faye

Taylor?

Not arsed really. Taylor still has a hell of a lot to prove imo.

Agreed, shows the state of our defence really when he's our best defender

An interesting comment from Ronaldinho. I was watching the spurs game and was concerned that we may struggle like they did if the strikers run out of steam. An aggresive full back could be a quality addition to add more dimensions to the squad.

I would like to see us have a fullback who can really contribute going forward (which I think is something that is important in the modern game) as we haven't really had one since Bernard was playing for us.

Belletti has always looked quality to me when I have seen him play for Barca.

Enrique

Rozehnal

Cacapa

Yipes

Faye

Taylor?

Something which quite a few on here suggested some time ago would and should happen and why he shouldn't have been considered for the captaincy.

I don't think he's anywhere near a finished article - sure he has potential, but then so does Huntingdon and Edgar. Be interesting to see how he deals with it, if he's anything about him, he'll deal with the competition positively and up his game. If he flounces and asks for a transfer then he's an idiot!