Wednesday's gossip column

Scottish Mag

TRANSFER RUMOURS

West Ham have resurrected a £6m deal for Newcastle midfielder Kieron Dyer and he is expected to complete the move within days. (Daily Express)

Chelsea are close to a £24.5m deal for Sevilla defender Daniel Alves. (Sun)

Fulham can sign Sami Hyypia for £1.5m - if Liverpool can find a replacement for the defender. (The Sun)

Newcastle boss Sam Allardyce is in talks with Barcelona's Brazilian full-back Juliano Belletti over a £3m move. (Daily Mail)

The Magpies are set to offer £4m for Everton's Phil Neville. (Various)

Bolton have reluctantly agreed to sell Senegal defender Abdoulaye Faye to Newcastle for £2m. (Daily Star)

Blackburn have told Arsenal £8m is not enough to sign winger Morten Gamst Pedersen. (Sun)

Manchester City boss Sven-Goran Eriksson is confident of signing Palermo midfielder Mark Brechiano. (Guardian)

Everton defender Joseph Yobo has ordered Middlesbrough striker Yakubu to sign for the Toffees. (Sun)

Derby could report West Ham to the Football Association for allegedly 'tapping up' Giles Barnes. (Times)

Everton will sign Manuel Fernandes on a fixed-term contract similar to the one that took Carlos Tevez to Manchester United. (Telegraph)

OTHER GOSSIP

Sunderland boss Roy Keane has hit out at footballers' wives and girlfriends (WAGS) because he believes they are making today's players "weak and soft". (Various)

England boss Steve McClaren tried to talk Jamie Carragher out of international retirement (The Sun) but the Liverpool man said no. (Daily Mail)

Wigan striker Emile Heskey may earn a recall for England's friendly against Germany on 22 August. (Daily Star)

Southampton boss George Burley says he only sold his top players in the summer to avoid the club going bust. (Mirror)

AND FINALLY

Sven-Goran Eriksson is hoping to score at home on Wednesday... His Manchester City side are hoping to end their goal drought at Eastlands which stretches back 227 days.

I think Faye might be considered more as back up. He's a frigging beast though, which is something we could probably do with against some teams.

Aye, I think we're going after him to add depth rather than anything else.

Like we did with Amdy.

:woosh:

On a serious note. That's another player(if he signs) that will miss a month or so with the African Nations :

Martins, Baba(no loss), Geremi(our freaking captain), Faye.

I've heard Giles Barnes mentioned as a replacement for Dyer and/or Solano.

I fucking hope so, really rate Barnes, he has shone in every one of the few Derby games I saw him play in last year.

Exercising caution, I remember about 8/9 years ago us being linked with an equally high-rated young player who was on Ipswich's books and everyone being excited at the prospect of him joining....

I fucking hope so, really rate Barnes, he has shone in every one of the few Derby games I saw him play in last year.

Exercising caution, I remember about 8/9 years ago us being linked with an equally high-rated young player who was on Ipswich's books and everyone being excited at the prospect of him joining....

The only difference is if we sign Barnes we sell him on once fees of £25 million are being quoted :woosh:

The only difference is if we sign Barnes we sell him on once fees of £25 million are being quoted :huff:

True :woosh:

I know we all say "if only we'd flogged Dyer to Leeds for £20m" but can you honestly, hand on heart say that the money would have been wisely re-invested? I think it's fair to say that SBR wasn't the one handling the transfer deals <_<

The only difference is if we sign Barnes we sell him on once fees of £25 million are being quoted :huff:

I know we all say "if only we'd flogged Dyer to Leeds for £20m" but can you honestly, hand on heart say that the money would have been wisely re-invested? I think it's fair to say that SBR wasn't the one handling the transfer deals <_<

No, but who's to say it wouldn't be wisely reinvested? We may have got a player who didn't spend half his career getting his legs rubbed off Derek Wright

No, but who's to say it wouldn't be wisely reinvested? We may have got a player who didn't spend half his career getting his legs rubbed off Derek Wright

Howay man, leave Alex's leg fetishes out of this.... :o

The only difference is if we sign Barnes we sell him on once fees of £25 million are being quoted <_<

I know we all say "if only we'd flogged Dyer to Leeds for £20m" but can you honestly, hand on heart say that the money would have been wisely re-invested? I think it's fair to say that SBR wasn't the one handling the transfer deals :o

Howay man, leave Alex's leg fetishes out of this.... :P

:huff:

Couldn't resist, sorry :o