Toon to receive £8m for Dyer

Guest stevieintoon

Guest stevieintoon
Dyer deal back onAug 15 2007

by Alan Oliver, Evening Chronicle

KIERON DYER’S move to West Ham was back on today with Newcastle United expected to bank around £8m for their controversial midfielder.

And Nobby Solano was thinking over a move to the south coast and Portsmouth.

These were two major developments at United today – a day when Sam Allardyce was hoping to complete another summer signing in the form of Senegalese central defender Abdoulaye Faye from his former club Bolton Wanderers.

It was a month tomorrow that The Chronicle first revealed West Ham were desperate to give Dyer the chance to join his former United colleagues Scott Parker, Craig Bellamy and Lee Bowyer at Upton Park.

And since then the situation has twisted and turned along its merry way, culminating with the deal being called off 12 days ago when United hiked the price up by £2m.

In the meantime, West Ham tried to sign Giles Barnes from Derby County only to have two offers turned down.

And to make matters worse, Derby are threatening to report West Ham to the Premier League for an illegal approach.

I always felt that West Ham would not come back in for Dyer, but the failed Barnes bid and the fact they had a disastrous home defeat by Manchester City at Upton Park on Saturday has rattled them.

United have stayed calm in the past couple of weeks, and as a result they look to have won their battle of wills with West Ham.

Big Sam was a busy man today with United’s comings and goings, not to mention a behind-closed-doors game with Gretna, but he still found time to tell me that the Dyer deal to West Ham was back on, and that Solano may be going to Portsmouth.

As revealed in The Chronicle last week, Solano had hoped to go to West Ham because his wife and children are now based in London.

And he told me at Bolton on Saturday tea-time that he would resist any move to Spain – and unless he found a club in London he would stay at United.

Now it remains to be seen whether the popular little Peruvian feels that Portsmouth is close enough to London for him to head down to Fratton Park.

Good crack, needs reinvesting though especially if Nobby joins Pompey.

Edited by MattM4

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest stevieintoon
Good crack, needs reinvesting though especially if Nobby joins Pompey.

We should try for Barnes. Doubt Derby will sell til at least January though.

He's a cocky little cunt as well though. What can't be doubted is that he's a talent, maybe Sam can manage his temperament. Wouldn't mind a sly one in for Bentley or Arteta myself. Everton and Blackburn usualy succumb to £'s see what happens.

So Alan explains away his own comments 'If anyone thinks this deal can be resurrected they or wrong' or similar by saying the deal is back on because West Ham lost to Man City? Good news if true and classic Oliver to boot.

Ha da top season last year as well, Arteta. Very good player. Everything good about Everton's play goes through him.

He(at the time) would have been my choice of a signing ahead of Viana.

In 2002 when he signed for Rangers? He struggled to cope with the physical side of the game in the SPL though it obviously toughened him up as he has been a totally different player for Everton.

West Ham reopen talks over Dyer

Times Online

Kieron Dyer’s move from Newcastle United to West Ham United is back on after talks between the two clubs reopened. The England midfielder was on the point of being transferred two weeks ago when Newcastle upped the price by £2 million, saying they had initially under-valued the player.

West Ham had agreed a fee of £5 million up front for the 28-year-old with a further £1 million depending on appearances and refused to increase their offer.

It is understood that fresh talks have taken place within the last 24 hours and that both clubs are keen to revive the deal, possibly with West Ham offering to pay the whole £6 million up front for the attacking midfielder.

Newcastle are still hoping they can get closer to their ’revaluation’ of £8 million. Dyer has wanted to move back to his home town of Ipswich, which is 45 minutes from West Ham’s training ground and where his children live.

Sam Allardyce, the Newcastle manager, has made it clear that Dyer is surplus to requirements and the fee would generate more transfer cash for the former Bolton manager, who has been linked today with a move for one of his former players, Senegalese central defender Abdoulaye Faye.

In 2002 when he signed for Rangers? He struggled to cope with the physical side of the game in the SPL though it obviously toughened him up as he has been a totally different player for Everton.

I saw him play in the Champions League and the lad looked quality. It may have been against ManUtd. He was taking the ball from the defenders, like Batty or a holding player, but turning and instead of hitting a 5 yard pass, was looking for a more attacking ball/run to be made. I never saw him play much for Rangers, when I did, I though he was excellent. I thought he had left Rangers to go back to the Spanish League, like you say, as it was too physical. I had reservations when Moyes took him, thinking he couldn't cope, but he's looked top class for them and has made them a far better side.

Arteta looked great last night

Arteta is one of the best centre mids in the Premiership, he would cost a fair bit. Straight swap for Emre I say....

The first sentence and second one don't really match up there, do they?

Arteta looked great last night

Arteta is one of the best centre mids in the Premiership, he would cost a fair bit. Straight swap for Emre I say....

The first sentence and second one don't really match up there, do they?

You know what?

I think he was trying to be funny. :woosh:

If we're getting £7m+ for Dyer I'd stick a bid in of around £11m for Arteta straight away.

I'd rather we stick a bid for Riquelme in for around 12m euros or better yet hit up Van der Vaart for 14m euros. Everton are in no position to be selling now, and are in Europe so it would be a waste of time. I still have hope for Emre and Big Sam's ability to get the best out of him to be a creative force at the club.

Edited by bassplayerjj

West Ham reopen talks over Dyer

Times Online

Kieron Dyer's move from Newcastle United to West Ham United is back on after talks between the two clubs reopened. The England midfielder was on the point of being transferred two weeks ago when Newcastle upped the price by £2 million, saying they had initially under-valued the player.

West Ham had agreed a fee of £5 million up front for the 28-year-old with a further £1 million depending on appearances and refused to increase their offer.

It is understood that fresh talks have taken place within the last 24 hours and that both clubs are keen to revive the deal, possibly with West Ham offering to pay the whole £6 million up front for the attacking midfielder.

Newcastle are still hoping they can get closer to their 'revaluation' of £8 million. Dyer has wanted to move back to his home town of Ipswich, which is 45 minutes from West Ham's training ground and where his children live.

Sam Allardyce, the Newcastle manager, has made it clear that Dyer is surplus to requirements and the fee would generate more transfer cash for the former Bolton manager, who has been linked today with a move for one of his former players, Senegalese central defender Abdoulaye Faye.

For Dyer maybe. Doing the speed limit it would take double that.

Guest stevieintoon
If we're getting £7m+ for Dyer I'd stick a bid in of around £11m for Arteta straight away.

I'd rather we stick a bid for Riquelme in for around 12m euros or better yet hit up Van der Vaart for 14m euros. Everton are in no position to be selling now, and are in Europe so it would be a waste of time. I still have hope for Emre and Big Sam's ability to get the best out of him to be a creative force at the club.

Why talk in Euro's? Superb player that Riquelme is, is he atheltic/quick enough for the English game?

Why talk in Euro's?

Cos that what we will have to pay for him? :woosh:

Why talk in Euro's? Superb player that Riquelme is, is he atheltic/quick enough for the English game?

I don't think he's quick enough, that's for sure. We'd need to put a lot of pace around him.

Guest stevieintoon

Why talk in Euro's?

Cos that what we will have to pay for him? :woosh:

I know but why not talk in pounds?