Toon to receive £8m for Dyer

Guest stevieintoon

If we're getting £7m+ for Dyer I'd stick a bid in of around £11m for Arteta straight away.

I'd rather we stick a bid for Riquelme in for around 12m euros or better yet hit up Van der Vaart for 14m euros. Everton are in no position to be selling now, and are in Europe so it would be a waste of time. I still have hope for Emre and Big Sam's ability to get the best out of him to be a creative force at the club.

Why talk in Euro's?

Cos that what we will have to pay for him? :woosh:

I know but why not talk in pounds?

It does not really matter either way does it?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest stevieintoon
If we're getting £7m+ for Dyer I'd stick a bid in of around £11m for Arteta straight away.

I'd rather we stick a bid for Riquelme in for around 12m euros or better yet hit up Van der Vaart for 14m euros. Everton are in no position to be selling now, and are in Europe so it would be a waste of time. I still have hope for Emre and Big Sam's ability to get the best out of him to be a creative force at the club.

Why talk in Euro's?

Cos that what we will have to pay for him? :woosh:

I know but why not talk in pounds?

It does not really matter either way does it?

Yes it does.

West Ham reopen talks over Dyer

Times Online

Kieron Dyer's move from Newcastle United to West Ham United is back on after talks between the two clubs reopened. The England midfielder was on the point of being transferred two weeks ago when Newcastle upped the price by £2 million, saying they had initially under-valued the player.

West Ham had agreed a fee of £5 million up front for the 28-year-old with a further £1 million depending on appearances and refused to increase their offer.

It is understood that fresh talks have taken place within the last 24 hours and that both clubs are keen to revive the deal, possibly with West Ham offering to pay the whole £6 million up front for the attacking midfielder.

Newcastle are still hoping they can get closer to their 'revaluation' of £8 million. Dyer has wanted to move back to his home town of Ipswich, which is 45 minutes from West Ham's training ground and where his children live.

Sam Allardyce, the Newcastle manager, has made it clear that Dyer is surplus to requirements and the fee would generate more transfer cash for the former Bolton manager, who has been linked today with a move for one of his former players, Senegalese central defender Abdoulaye Faye.

For Dyer maybe. Doing the speed limit it would take double that.

Might be right. It's still about 60-70 miles although its not unusual for people to London from Ipswich.

If Dyer is leaving and Nobby as well then i really hope we bring in a creative/attacking midfielder along with Faye as they will be needed. If it was ok for Sam to spend the money he did when Dyer's deal collapsed then he should have all the Dyer money and perhaps more to spend on Faye and another midfielder.

We're building up a nice little squad here, but it does need a creator and even better one who also has a bit of pace in the midfield would be great.

He(at the time) would have been my choice of a signing ahead of Viana.

In 2002 when he signed for Rangers? He struggled to cope with the physical side of the game in the SPL though it obviously toughened him up as he has been a totally different player for Everton.

I saw him play in the Champions League and the lad looked quality. It may have been against ManUtd. He was taking the ball from the defenders, like Batty or a holding player, but turning and instead of hitting a 5 yard pass, was looking for a more attacking ball/run to be made. I never saw him play much for Rangers, when I did, I though he was excellent. I thought he had left Rangers to go back to the Spanish League, like you say, as it was too physical. I had reservations when Moyes took him, thinking he couldn't cope, but he's looked top class for them and has made them a far better side.

All good lol but we arent goin to get him.

The Independent

Dyer heads south after West Ham's £7m offer is accepted

By Michael Walker

Published: 16 August 2007

Kieron Dyer's on-off move from Newcastle to West Ham is expected to be completed within the next 48 hours, Newcastle having accepted an improved £7m bid from the London club. The clubs had previously agreed a £6m fee only for Newcastle to raise their demand by £2m at the last minute and it now seems a compromise has been reached.

Dyer was due to be on his way to London last night, even though yesterday morning the 28-year-old midfielder featured in a behind-closed-doors game at Newcastle's training ground against Gretna that was arranged to aid Michael Owen's return to full fitness.

Dyer looked sharp and enthusiastic during Newcastle's friendly against Blue Star on Monday night and, as he passed a West Ham medical last week, which included a blood test because of Dyer's medical history, he could be thrust into the West Ham midfield for their game at Birmingham City on Saturday.

Dyer's match fitness will also be of interest to the England manager, Steve McClaren. Dyer is expected to be named in the squad for next week's friendly against Germany and is considered by McClaren to be one of the players who can play behind a main striker in a role comparable to Wayne Rooney.

Dyer will become the second Newcastle midfielder to join West Ham this summer, Scott Parker having left St James' Park for £7m as well. It is anticipated that Sam Allardyce, the Newcastle manager, will use the incoming money to strengthen before the transfer window closes with Allardyce adamant that he still wants more defenders. Bolton's Abdoulaye Faye is one of those at the top of the list.

l Millwall have been handed a £30,000 fine by the Football Association after their players failed to improve their disciplinary record. The fine was imposed after the club failed "to show an acceptable improvement in its disciplinary record" and for a "poor record of misconduct" last season. Millwall were given a further suspended £30,000 fine, which will be imposed should their disciplinary record not improve this season.

Times Online

Kieron Dyer's move from Newcastle United to West Ham United is back on after talks between the two clubs reopened. The England midfielder was on the point of being transferred two weeks ago when Newcastle upped the price by £2 million, saying they had initially under-valued the player.

West Ham had agreed a fee of £5 million up front for the 28-year-old with a further £1 million depending on appearances and refused to increase their offer.

It is understood that fresh talks have taken place within the last 24 hours and that both clubs are keen to revive the deal, possibly with West Ham offering to pay the whole £6 million up front for the attacking midfielder.

Newcastle are still hoping they can get closer to their 'revaluation' of £8 million. Dyer has wanted to move back to his home town of Ipswich, which is 45 minutes from West Ham's training ground and where his children live.

Sam Allardyce, the Newcastle manager, has made it clear that Dyer is surplus to requirements and the fee would generate more transfer cash for the former Bolton manager, who has been linked today with a move for one of his former players, Senegalese central defender Abdoulaye Faye.

Might be right. It's still about 60-70 miles although its not unusual for people to London from Ipswich.

Isn't West Ham's training ground out in the wilds of Essex somewhere though? :woosh:

Times Online

Isn't West Ham's training ground out in the wilds of Essex somewhere though? :woosh:

It is at Saville Road, Chadwell Heath. How easy to get to from Ipswich I have no idea.

Times Online

It is at Saville Road, Chadwell Heath. How easy to get to from Ipswich I have no idea.

61 miles according to Google Maps - about 1hr 20mins...

Now we can begin a serious challange towards getting back to where we once were 12 years ago!...............I think it was about 12 year...! :woosh:

Belletti & Faye would do nicely along with a new attacking midfielder. C'mon, BS, spend, spend, spend! :huff:

When would Dyer's contract have run out, 2009? That's more than £8m off the wage bill then...

Not really. We still have to replace him and thats gonna cost. Plus he's a lot better than people want to give him credit for. We need someone with pace as an option to the sloths we have at present.

When would Dyer's contract have run out, 2009? That's more than £8m off the wage bill then...

Not really. We still have to replace him and thats gonna cost. Plus he's a lot better than people want to give him credit for. We need someone with pace as an option to the sloths we have at present.

Even with Dyer we still needed a top quality play making/attacking midfielder if we were looking at top 6.

Losing Dyer and Nobby (maybe) means not only do we need that and to replace them in positive attributes but also in just a bodies point of view..... and it's kinda late on to be doing that.