Thursday transfer gossip

Jimbo

TRANSFER RUMOURS

West Brom have told Tottenham they will have to shell out £10m if they want to land defender Curtis Davies. (Sun)

Kieron Dyer is set to move to West Ham after Newcastle finally accepted a £6m bid. (Mail)

Chelsea are adamant they will not pay more than £17m for Daniel Alves. Sevilla want £25m. (Times)

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink is heading for Cardiff after his move to Leicester fell through. (Sun)

Newcastle midfielder Nolberto Solano is considering a move to Portsmouth. (Sun)

Blackburn are planning contract talks with Morten Gamst Pedersen - to ward off interest from Arsenal. (Sun)

Liverpool have signed 17-year-old keeper Peter Gulacsi from MTK Budapest on a one-year loan, according to reports in Hungary. (Independent)

Southampton will pay £1.2m for Burnley defender Wayne Thomas. (Star)

West Ham are still waiting to hear if Eidur Gudjohnsen will join them after Barcelona accepted their £7m bid. (Independent)

Chelsea's negotiations with Real Madrid over Arjen Robben have reached an impasse. The Blues are demanding £27m. (Times)

Cash-strapped Leeds are poised to sell Eddie Lewis and Jonathan Douglas. (Star)

Juan Sebastian Veron could join David Beckham in the MLS. He is considering an offer from DC United. (Mail)

OTHER GOSSIP

Spurs boss Martin Jol's future may be in jeopardy after he had crisis talks with chairman Daniel Levy about the losing start. (Independent)

Spurs striker Dimitar Berbatov may need surgery on a groin injury, putting him out for six weeks. (Sun)

Newcastle defender Steven Taylor will be called into the England squad for the friendly against Germany. (Star)

Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard could miss the England game with a toe injury. (Sun)

England boss Steve McClaren has not decider whether to pick David Bentley - who pulled out of an Under-21 squad claiming he was tired. (Sun)

Bolton chairman Phil Gartside and his former manager Sam Allardyce have held peace talks following their war of words. (Mirror)

Aston Villa keeper Thomas Sorensen wants showdown talks with manager Martin O'Neill. He is unhappy at the arrival of Scott Carson. (Star)

Former QPR defender Rufus Brevett is part of the consortium who have taken over Swindon. (Various)

QPR will go into administration in two weeks unless a rescue package is agreed. (Star)

I'd wager we'll never find out how much they end up paying.

Aye, I think an 'undisclosed fee' is a certainty.

In other news, it's too soon for Taylor to get called up to the England squad imo and Bentley should definetly not be picked for it after the way he behaved in the summer.

I would go for SWP ahead of Bentley.

I hope the Dyer thing gets sorted as its getting on my moobs

He's starting for chelsea at the moment we'll never get him

bentley we have a shot at

i think he means for england not for us :woosh:

My point still stands :huff:

I disagree, i dont see him leaving Blackburn for anyone other than someone in "big four".

I disagree, i dont see him leaving Blackburn for anyone other than someone in "big four".

If it was anyone but blackburn I'd agree