The Toon Ultras

Dr Gloom

There's a piece about them in yesterday's chronicle. i can't believe they haven't changed that name like. i like what they're doing and hopefully it will result in the introduction of a singing section. are they making themselves heard these days or are they still a bit of a joke?

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcast...-name_page.html

I've got plenty of time for the toon ultras. Fully respect what they're trying to do. I browse their forums quite regularly to see what the craic is but rarely post after getting my head bitten off by Kane for apparantly "ruining the atmosphere at games!" because of where I live.

Good luck to them, if SJP can create even 30% of the atmosphere at places like the maracana (or insert any South American stadium) then we could make it a bloody intimidating.

Edited by richg

Guest stevieintoon

Shoes off if ye love the toon

Have a wank if ye love the toon etc etc....

The term Ultra has never been more inappropriately used, than when describing this collection of teenage acne sufferers. It's commendable that they are trying to improve the atmosphere my only concern is in 10 years time we have a support as cringeworthy as Liverpool's.

See in Level 7 beside the away fans, my new season ticket is quite far back, and that's where the toon ultra's are, did the stewards let them stand for some games last season?

Edited by stevieintoon

There's a piece about them in yesterday's chronicle. i can't believe they haven't changed that name like. i like what they're doing and hopefully it will result in the introduction of a singing section. are they making themselves heard these days or are they still a bit of a joke?

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcast...-name_page.html

Toon Chav Voice Choir maybe?

Fair play to them for trying to up the atmosphere but they're not really Stock, Aitken & Waterman now, are they? I was sick to death of hearing "Shearaaaaaaaaaaaaaa is a legend!" sung every five minutes at the European matches last season.

That Kev kid on N-O is hilarious like. Goes to all the home games and about 10 away games a season. All paid for by himself. He's 14 and he has a paper round. The idea is commendable but the name is crap and they suffer from association with daft young kids playing the superfan card.

Edited by alex

That Kev kid on N-O is hilarious like. Goes to all the home games and about 10 away games a season. All paid for by himself. He's 14 and he has a paper round. The idea is commendable but the name is crap and they suffer from association with daft young kids playing the superfan card.

Indeed, very annoying, and the way most ultras threads on NO descend into rantings of the illiterate like: "If yur not wif us U hate the toon" is highly cringe worthy.

they suffer from association with daft young kids playing the superfan card.

Exactly.

To be fair to them, they were fucking livid after the Sampdoria game, because a bunch of little charva scruffs had decided to gather alongside them and goad the bollocks off the poor buggers. It's fair to say most people assumed that they too were ultras, and immediately gave them loads of stick. Bit unfair I thought, but understandable.

That's one of the things that keeps me away from it all, the little fucking charvas they attract. I went up there for the Birmingham cup game last year, and it was one of the worst matches I've ever been to, level 7 was crawling with 12 year old radgies and thier groupies. It wasn't the ultras themselves that were the problem though, it was the wellies they've attracted.

As I've said in the past, I love the idea, and I'm glad they've fought against the undeniable fact that there are so, so many miserable people in SJP these days, who just seen to moan for the fucking sake of it, but some of them, like that Kane lad on N-O, need to learn how to communicate properly with people before they go marching up to the club demanding things and kicking off when they dont get them. It can't work like that.

They're OK. There are a few who are a bit immature, but a lot of them are sensible and enthusiastic. They chip in to buy materials and paints for flags and things - good on them I reckon.

I have a look over at their site sometimes, and they don't like the Charvers. They recognise that they attract them, but they want to get away from that.

I think they could have a better name, and they know that the name is a problem to some people, but they seem to think that if they changed it people wouldn't know who they are and they can't think of a better name. Personally, I don't agree with those views, but hey, it's up to them.

But generally, they're doing good things.

I've noticed their flags are better than the ones for the Hitzfeld campaign.

Like saying Thatcher was better than Hitler... :woosh:

Edited by Matty

It wasn't the ultras themselves that were the problem though, it was the wellies they've attracted.

Aye, I think the lads who frist started it off have the right idea and the right attitude towards it, however, I said at the time that I feared it may be doomed to fail as you'd attract a sizable amount of twats who thought it was some sort of hooligan group and an excuse for a ruck. Hence why they should never of used Ultras.

Aye, remember when we played Palermo and there were reports of their fans waving knifes about and shouting 'where are the Ultras?'

:) I bet they'd be gutted on finding out that the Ultras are just out of Pampers.