Thinking of subscribing to Setanta...

Wavey Davey

I'm umm-ing and ahh-ing over it, but it seems like something I'd really enjoy. The wife was the one who suggested it in the first place and we haven't got a great deal of money, so I'm in a bit of a quandry.

If anyone else is subscribing can you tell me if I would be getting a good deal?

I'm planning to if I get a Vision Box (On the phone for the lasty 5 days and now managed to get 8meg instead of 0.5) from BT along with the full prem matches after they happen. total of 12 pound month. :woosh:

I'm umm-ing and ahh-ing over it, but it seems like something I'd really enjoy. The wife was the one who suggested it in the first place and we haven't got a great deal of money, so I'm in a bit of a quandry.

If anyone else is subscribing can you tell me if I would be getting a good deal?

Personally I'd be worrying more about what the wife wanted (for suggesting that). :woosh:

On Virgin Media so we get it for nowt. Setanta is great, there is always some form of football on, whether it be live or highlights of the French league games.

I've heard that Setanta don't take own cameras to the match and instead rely on the CCTV footage that the clubs provide. Hence the quality of the coverage and images isn't too great.

I know someone who watched the Villa v Liverpool game at the weekend and they were far from impressed but they did comment that as you're getting it for £9.99 a month, contract free so you can't expect it to be as good as Sky's coverage.

Personally I'd be worrying more about what the wife wanted (for suggesting that). :woosh:

Stopping him going to the pub.

I've subscribed, the coverage isn't exactly upthere with SKY and it means I'm shelling out even more for Satelite TV but I do feel that my £9.99 a month is two fingers up at SKY and will encourage SKY to become more competitive.

On Virgin Media so we get it for nowt. Setanta is great, there is always some form of football on, whether it be live or highlights of the French league games.

I've heard that Setanta don't take own cameras to the match and instead rely on the CCTV footage that the clubs provide. Hence the quality of the coverage and images isn't too great.

I know someone who watched the Villa v Liverpool game at the weekend and they were far from impressed but they did comment that as you're getting it for £9.99 a month, contract free so you can't expect it to be as good as Sky's coverage.

You what? You mean they show footage of the crowd for the entire game? :woosh:

Personally I'd be worrying more about what the wife wanted (for suggesting that). :)

Stopping him going to the pub.

Not sure, but she's a woman possessed over the idea. :)

Icidentally, it's a bit academic for now as my set top box doesn't have a card slot to subscribe. Curses!