David Beckham - Asshole, Asshole, Asshole

Lazarus

Good freekick but the keeper had already hoyed himsel in the wrong direction

Almost as if he knew which side the free kick was going but went the other way to let Beckham score, which of course would have grabbed all the sports headlines and gotten even more publicity for the MLS and let the public know that Beckham was actually doing something. :woosh:

Almost as if he knew which side the free kick was going but went the other way to let Beckham score, which of course would have grabbed all the sports headlines and gotten even more publicity for the MLS and let the public know that Beckham was actually doing something. :woosh:

Keepers do that for every single one of Gerrard's long-range shots.

Galaxy won 2-0 and went through to some kind of Mickey Mouse final

That'd be the "World" Cup then I expect. :woosh:

(I thought they'd only played 2-3 in their season so far and lost them all [LAG is a pretty shit team even by their standards] - probably wrong though)

That'd be the "World" Cup then I expect. :woosh:

(I thought they'd only played 2-3 in their season so far and lost them all [LAG is a pretty shit team even by their standards] - probably wrong though)

They have about 5 games in hand though thats why they are sitting near the bottom this is because most of the games where moved to the 2nd half of the season so that Beckham can play in them. All though as you say they have been fairly pish and I think their Win against DC was their first against the "top" teams.

The cup is the 4 best teams in the MLS and the 4 best teams from Mexico, think this is its first year.

That'd be the "World" Cup then I expect. :)

They have about 5 games in hand though thats why they are sitting near the bottom this is because most of the games where moved to the 2nd half of the season so that Beckham can play in them. All though as you say they have been fairly pish and I think their Win against DC was their first against the "top" teams.

The cup is the 4 best teams in the MLS and the 4 best teams from Mexico, think this is its first year.

That's pretty insane.

With our usual injury list we'd still be playing games from 1998 if we were allowed push games back for that sort of reason. :)

That'd be the "World" Cup then I expect. :)

Not quite. It's the four "most popular" teams from each league. They just sort of picked the eight competitors, nothing to do with standings or anything.

It's called the "Super Liga" and promises to actually be a useful competition if they actually make a merit-based qualification system....

Almost as if he knew which side the free kick was going but went the other way to let Beckham score, which of course would have grabbed all the sports headlines and gotten even more publicity for the MLS and let the public know that Beckham was actually doing something. :P

Keepers do that for every single one of Gerrard's long-range shots.

:) Thanks :)

Some quality fan videos from the stands on the tube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpS2qdH9iro

Americans appear to scream "goal" rather than "get innnnnnnnn" like over here interesting :)

Meh, it's a Telefutura broadcast, i.e. Spanish Language.

Englishman. American game. Spanish Announcer.

Perfect. :-p

Quality game last night, LA Galaxy lost to New York Red Bulls 5-4 :)

highlights:

mms://a1503.v115042.c11504.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/1503/11504/v0001/mlbmls.download.akamai.com/11504/2007/open/gp/08/081807_lagrbn_gp_350.wmv