indirect freekicks

Holden McGroin

Remember when Dacourt scored from a direct free-kick inside the box at SJP btw?

Yup - and I remember Stuart Pearce having a goal disallowed in Italia '90 against Holland because the referee claimed it never touched anyone.

Remember when Dacourt scored from a direct free-kick inside the box at SJP btw?

Yup - and I remember Stuart Pearce having a goal disallowed in Italia '90 against Holland because the referee claimed it never touched anyone.

I was actually thinking of the Stuart Pearce one when I read this thread before.

Shearer has scored a few of them. One for England, one against the mackems(I think), one against West Brom.....

One against Bolton.

Wasn't the mackems one (presume you mean to home in the 2-0) just a regular free kick?

Shearer has scored a few of them. One for England, one against the mackems(I think), one against West Brom.....

One against Bolton.

Wasn't the mackems one (presume you mean to home in the 2-0) just a regular free kick?

I think you're right, but it was one where Nobby rolled it a yard or so for Shearer to welly. Not the most inventive routine, but one they seemed to favour

Yeah, that sounds about right. When we had Hamman here along with Shearer and Nobby we had some good options on the free kicks.

I remember Shearer and Robert tried something different against Southampton in the FA Cup a few years back, which was nice to see.

Shearer's freekicks were shit for about the last 5 years of his career by the way. Tap it to him and he hoofs it as hard as he can. It came off about once every two seasons.

Very predictable. He scored a cracker in his first SJP game. We've suffered from the last couple of seasons not having variation on our set plays. Emre has been shit and last season N'Zogbia was just as bad.