Wolves v Morecambe

Middlesbrough v Northampton

Sheffield Wed v Hartlepool

Luton v Sunderland

Wrexham v Aston Villa

Charlton v Stockport

Newcastle v Barnsley

Bristol City v Manchester City

Second Round ties will be played in the week commencing Monday 27th August.

The Third Round then sees the eight sides involved in Europe - Arsenal, Blackburn, Bolton Chelsea, Everton, Liverpool, Man United and Spurs - enter the competition.

I'm sure that we'll play a strong enough team for this game. As you say though, T-Keith, we might see Shola, Enrique and Cacapa in that one.

Did Enrique play against Gretna the other day?

Great chance to give a run out to a few players who won't have featured much by then, especially the new players and hopefully 1 or 2 more new signings on top of that.

Obviously won't play a reserve side but a good chance to mix things up a bit.

• 2 weeks later...
Arsenal vs Newcastle :nufc:

not good...I have just had 2 mackems laughing there tits off at me when the draw was made !! :icon_lol:

The same mackems not in the competition anymore? :lol:

which was my retort !! :lol:

Arsenal vs Newcastle :lol:

not good...I have just had 2 mackems laughing there tits off at me when the draw was made !! :nufc:

The same mackems not in the competition anymore? :lol:

knocked out by a team 2 divisions lower than them when virtually their full side was out

Hopefully Arsenal will play the kids, I'm not too gutted, Arsenal didn't get much out of Bolton when Sam was their manager, lets hope he can have the same effect with us.

Hopefully Arsenal will play the kids, I'm not too gutted, Arsenal didn't get much out of Bolton when Sam was their manager, lets hope he can have the same effect with us.

Same here. Not too gutted as I can imagine Arsenal playing their reserves. Fancy us to get a result down there.

If we want to be successful in a cup competition, we'd have to face Arsenal (or a team that beat them) at some point so I'm not really too fussed.

Rather it was in the final though! :lol:

If we want to be successful in a cup competition, we'd have to face Arsenal (or a team that beat them) at some point so I'm not really too fussed.

Rather it was in the final though! :lol:

I wouldn't....

In the final, Arsenal will likely stick out a decent strength team. At this stage, I think he'll play the kids. Remember when we got Man Utd at home one year soon after being promoted and were happy as hell that we beat them despite the fact Fergie sent out a load of kids?

Big Sam has got a good record against Arsenal with Bolton, so hopefully he can carry that on to Newcastle.

Last season I would have been truly gutted, but this season we look much harder to break down and Arsenal are finding it hard to find a cutting edge in front of goal.