Carling Cup

Smitheh

great. don't fancy us to get anything at arsenal's place. our best chance of silverware this season is probably over now thanks to this draw.

:lol:

Dan you really are a miserable shit, aren't you?

great. don't fancy us to get anything at arsenal's place. our best chance of silverware this season is probably over now thanks to this draw.

:lol:

At home, this would be a good tie, away, I think Dan might be right.

I might be in London then though so at least I can check out their new stadium.

I guess it might just be this new found optimism but I'm not as upset by this draw as I might of been in recent seasons. Arsenal are having problems of their own at the minute - particularly in scoring. We look the tightest I've seen us at the back in a long time. Should be an interesting tie.

the way this team is set up at the moment means it looks like we are set up to counter attack much more efficiently than previously, trouble with arsenal is they are winning games now by converting more of their chances.

i'd hope for a draw there, the way both teams are playing.

:razz:

just being realistic. do you see us getting anything there? i don't, especially now they've done away with replays - and our recent history at penalty shootouts.

this competition is our best chance of silverware. we're unlucky to get such a difficult away tie in the third round. i can't see us progressing tbh.

:razz:

just being realistic. do you see us getting anything there? i don't, especially now they've done away with replays - and our recent history at penalty shootouts.

this competition is our best chance of silverware. we're unlucky to get such a difficult away tie in the third round. i can't see us progressing tbh.

Yep I do. Our defence is solid and I think Sam will set out ot frustrate them. Combine that with the fact that Wenger will play the kids and I can see us sneaking the odd goal.