Yakubu

Matty

Actually talking about this with a Smoggie the other day who was less than delighted at getting Mido as Viduka's replacement. I said they'd really struggle if Yakubu left too. He thought they'd go down.

got to admit Mido has never looked a 1st choice premiership striker. Less so than less gifted footballers.

On rare occasions he has, arguably. But that rather backs up your point really.

On the other side of this, Everton will look a very good team if they can get Yakubu to partner Johnson. There's a core of a very good team there with the 2 strikers, Yobo, Lescott, Cahill, Arteta and PNev.

got to admit Mido has never looked a 1st choice premiership striker. Less so than less gifted footballers.

:)

what a plonker

On the other side of this, Everton will look a very good team if they can get Yakubu to partner Johnson. There's a core of a very good team there with the 2 strikers, Yobo, Lescott, Cahill, Arteta and PNev.

plus the kids look decent, Anichebe, and there's another one whose name escapes me

what a plonker

Me, 5 minutes ago

rodney.jpg

plus the kids look decent, Anichebe, and there's another one whose name escapes me

Yep, I like the look of Anichebe.

The other lad you're thinking of is probably Vaughan(who I think has a nasty injury).

what a plonker

Me, 5 minutes ago

rodney.jpg

Deluded.

The other lad you're thinking of is probably Vaughan(who I think has a nasty injury).

yeah Vaughan, that's the fella. Looks decent, nothing groundbreaking, but certainly a decent future ahead

and Shandy... you're mean.

Mido & Aliadiaire, what a potant strike force. Defenders will be shitting themselfs when faced by this duo.................NOT !!!!!!!

Cant think of a worse front two in the prem, now Woody`s out their defence isnt looking too hot either

thats 6 points in the bag anyway

yeah Vaughan, that's the fella. Looks decent, nothing groundbreaking, but certainly a decent future ahead

and Shandy... you're mean.

Osman too. I think Everton will get top 4 again this season.

Osman looked very goos against Spurs. Bags of energy to him.

If they get Fernandes they'll surely push the top 4. Is the Pienaar lad from Ajax any use?

had a poor season with the german side which is why he's at Everton. No doubt he is a good player with an eye for a pass, used to enjoy watching him for Ajax. Gutted about Fernandes to be honest, looked a real quality player in the few games he played for Everton last season, especially in the big games like against United and Arsenal. I've said this before, I reckon he'll be a Madrid/Barcelona/Milan calibre player in few years...

I have to take my hat off to David Moyes for making a mid-table team with the odd great player into a top six team. When Arteta arrived there he didn't have a huge reputation but I reckon he's been a superb player for them and is one of the best wingers in the league. If he were English he'd be first-choice for left-wing and would be worth £15m+ I reckon. As it stands, he's Spanish and can't get into the Spanish national side.

I don't think Everton will get top 4. Three seasons ago everything went right for them, they won quite a few matches thanks to late goals, and they had players like Cahill playing out of their skin. Almost no injuries either. They do have a much better strike force now though, especially if they get Yakubu.

Edited by Bombadil