Newcastle -v- Aston Villa

Barney

May not be relevent, but this is what I posted on N-O

Christ on a f****** crutch.

Last week Allardyce was our saviour, now he's worse than scum. Some of you lot need to grow up and realise that this whole club has went through a massive period of change over the summer. For once, things off the pitch are looking brilliant and okay, we haven't had a good result or performance today but we've still managed to pick up 4 points from a possible 6.

This season is transitional. It's all about consolidation and rebuilding. Anyone with half a brain can see that. Those who booed should've been dragged out the stadium by their lapels and shot with s***. It flies in the face of everything BSA has said over the past few weeks.

We are not ran by a bunch of fuckwits anymore and i'm confident Sam will have seen what went on during the game and he'll have the lads on the training pitch on Monday working on sorting it out for Boro.

Haven't always seen eye to eye with you Skol, but that is absolutely spot on... :)

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:) Are some people on here fickle or what, maybe we didn't have the best of games but we looked very good defensively against some of the leagues fastest players (Young, Aboglahor) Zog was good imo ran up and down the wing all game only one that give milner any support tbh. Agreed that we need someone more creative in midfield but I think we will look alot better with Barton in the side and Butt out of it no idea how he got man of the match he was very average thought Milner more than deserved to win it.

Anyway it's still a point against a gd strong Aston Villa with a very suspect referee. Anyway at least the Mackams finally got shown up and le Sib scored.

Edited by Barton7

0-0 or Villa will nick it.

We are needing a creative player big style.

Agreed, although I thought Butt and Geremi were excellent, I think playing both of them is too negative, should sacrifice one of them for a creative midfielder.

:) Are you having a giraffe? they were absolutely shite and how people can put up with creating no fucking chances in a home game is beyond me like.

I thought Butt looked class generally. Geremi didn't have his best game though.

I wouldn't complain too much if Steven Carr were hung from the neck until dead, and (INGRELAND INTERNATIONAL) Steven Taylor made some howlers. Why he's such a darling of the hardcore supporters I can't fathom. Despite his frequent strength of tackle he's as prone to error as Bramble.

''Sack the board, Sack Big Sam! Bring in Capello!!!!''

Is it what I would say if we play like that at home in a couple years time. For now though, understandable as the team is adapted to playing Sam's way for only the 2nd time competitively and any time we get a clean sheet is welcome with our recent defensive history! Thought we were way too narrow up top, and Viduka was too far forwards and isolated in the first half. Second half especially Villa's defensive line was soooooo fucking deep, and they were just playing men behind the ball counter attacking stuff which worked for them. Owen barely got a touch because it was so bunched up in their final 1/3, Martins worked hard in the first half but as their defense was so deep he found it hard to get in behind if at all and run at them. Would have really liked us to have played 4-4-2 from the start but fair enough, let Sam tinker with the squad until he get's it right...

0-0 or Villa will nick it.

We are needing a creative player big style.

Agreed, although I thought Butt and Geremi were excellent, I think playing both of them is too negative, should sacrifice one of them for a creative midfielder.

:) Are you having a giraffe? they were absolutely shite and how people can put up with creating no fucking chances in a home game is beyond me like.

I thought Butt looked class generally. Geremi didn't have his best game though.

I wouldn't complain too much if Steven Carr were hung from the neck until dead, and (INGRELAND INTERNATIONAL) Steven Taylor made some howlers. Why he's such a darling of the hardcore supporters I can't fathom. Despite his frequent strength of tackle he's as prone to error as Bramble.

harsh on Taylor, thought he was our best defender apart from being caught in possession twice! once he cut's that out he'll be a rock...

For all the talk of tactical nous coming to play under the new regime, we're still far too often passing it around in defense without ideas then hoofing it upfield without direction. I hope it'll just take time for Allardyce to instil some fluidity in our play, but his style of play at Bolton doesn't suggest that'll be the case.

Bore draws are the future with the odd nicked goal as a highlight. Not that there's anything wrong with that. If it gets us back into Europe.

harsh on Taylor, thought he was our best defender apart from being caught in possession twice! once he cut's that out he'll be a rock...

Rozenhal had a better game imo.

EDIT: And Zoggy tbh.

Edited by Happy Face

Rozenhal had a better game imo.

EDIT: And Zoggy tbh.

Roz didn't have as much to deal with as Taylor IMO, and it was he that was responsible for Laursen's free header in the first half. Played well though considering it was his second game in the EPL.

Last week Allardyce was our saviour, now he's worse than scum. Some of you lot need to grow up and realise that this whole club has went through a massive period of change over the summer. For once, things off the pitch are looking brilliant and okay, we haven't had a good result or performance today but we've still managed to pick up 4 points from a possible 6.

This season is transitional. It's all about consolidation and rebuilding. Anyone with half a brain can see that. Those who booed should've been dragged out the stadium by their lapels and shot with s***. It flies in the face of everything BSA has said over the past few weeks.

We are not ran by a bunch of fuckwits anymore and i'm confident Sam will have seen what went on during the game and he'll have the lads on the training pitch on Monday working on sorting it out for Boro.

Had a quick look at the match thread on N-O, couldn't stand it. The number of knee-jerk numptys on that site is unreal. I feel sorry for the good posters over there, you have to wade through oceans of shit to find something intelligent.

Had a quick look at the match thread on N-O, couldn't stand it. The number of knee-jerk numptys on that site is unreal. I feel sorry for the good posters over there, you have to wade through oceans of shit to find something intelligent.

I thought the quality of that place was picking up recently. There have been some very, very good posts made on there over the past few weeks but this evening it descended into a shambles again. I feel sorry for HTT at times because he can't really ban people for being contrary tossers yet without those illiterate arseholes he's got a good board.

As our game was on Setanta I see that it's isn't one you can watch extended highlights of on Sky's Football First.... now that blows :)

Sky seem to spit their dummy out when something is on Setanta. When we played Sampdoria they had live scores on every other friendly but ours.

I thought the midfield was solid with all 3 players putting in a committed performance. The flair came from left back which is a point to make. A lot of people are talking about creative midfielders - we've got a few in Zog, Milner & Duff when fit. Once Enrique comes in at LB, we can get Zog back into the midfield and change things around. We've still got Nobby who while not being the quickest definitely has the footballing brain we need to get breaks. No need for such negativity. Villa are a team who are looking to attain the same kind of league position as ourselves so we should consider it level pegging at this stage.

I thought the midfield was solid with all 3 players putting in a committed performance. The flair came from left back which is a point to make. A lot of people are talking about creative midfielders - we've got a few in Zog, Milner & Duff when fit. Once Enrique comes in at LB, we can get Zog back into the midfield and change things around. We've still got Nobby who while not being the quickest definitely has the footballing brain we need to get breaks. No need for such negativity. Villa are a team who are looking to attain the same kind of league position as ourselves so we should consider it level pegging at this stage.

Don't forget Emre. Whilst he hasn't fully convinced me in the past, it might be interesting to see how he performs under Sam.

Edited by Dr Kenneth Noisewater

........Milner was playing today. Nobby wasn't involved at all, which clearly suggests he could be going elsewhere. Zoggy will be used there once Enrique is ready, who is quoted by BS to be way off playing yet, which leaves us quite short in attack as far as the midfield is concerned.

BS said he'd be looking to bring in another player whether Dyer left or not. He also said that if a player did leave then he'd be looking to replace that player.

Edited by Geordie Boyo

Don't get me wrong, I hope we do sign a creative playmaker.

If said playmaker arrives and Barton returns to fitness where does that leave the midfield that started the first two games?

It leaves us with more options & more cover.

Just got back in from the match

-Taylor is nowhere near england quailty after that

-Carr isnt even Conference Quality, he had a shocker

-Butt, Zoggy, Milner, Rozenhal, Smith did well

-Geremi looked limited in midfield

-Not sure if 3 up front is going to work.

We switched more to a 4-4-2 (though not clear cut) in the second half as we were badly exposed out wide, especially by Ashley Young's pace. Overall we were outnumbered in Villa's half and they had more than enought to counter our attacking attempts. We lacked vision and a bit of pace playing off the backmarker's shouder. We were too deep and allowed them to sit too deep.

Zog's enforced stint on defensive duty has severely reduced our potency on the counter, the sooner Enrique is ready the better. Off days from Viduka and Martins didn't help.

We didnt play bad tbh,

Couldve put in a few chances with some look but so could of they,

Geremi's crossing was shite, milner put some serious effort in,

Viduka took some stick,

But they were mianly defending and they came for the draw and our counter wasnt adaquate enough

Guest stevieintoon

Why doesn't that prick Carr just hit people? There was at least 3 times he backed off 30 yards when someone is running at him, I'm not saying dive in, but sometimes you have to make a challenge.

There was a few times he was backing off, and it was reminiscent of when Aaron Lennon skinned him a few seasons ago at SJP, and Keane scored.

Atmosphere started off well, but died a death. Up in Level 7 many were standing all game but this utter prick 2 rows behind "sit down, sit down" I says "fuck off to the Gallowgate ye prick" I don't know why these people bother going. I thought Nicky Butt's reading of the game was top drawer, but I don't think there were many positives. There was absolutely fuck all movement up front. Owen and Shola just stood like statues, same with Martins and Viduka.

Guest stevieintoon

Does anyone find "Keano he wanks his dog Keano" funny. I think it's shit. The main positive I forgot to mention is at least noo we dont have to check our phones every 10 mins to see how longs gone, with them little clocks in the corners.