Newcastle -v- Aston Villa

Barney

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dissapointed really, but this I think, would have been a game we would have lost last season. We have to be positive, we werent gonna carry on like we did v Bolton. ONeill has got an organised team there and we did well to not loose like we would have done last season.

0-0 or Villa will nick it.

We are needing a creative player big style.

Agreed, although I thought Butt and Geremi were excellent, I think playing both of them is too negative, should sacrifice one of them for a creative midfielder.

Dissapointed really, but this I think, would have been a game we would have lost last season. We have to be positive, we werent gonna carry on like we did v Bolton. ONeill has got an organised team there and we did well to not loose like we would have done last season.

I know the point you were trying to make, but I take it you won't want me to remind you we beat them 3-1 last season? :)

Agreed, although I thought Butt and Geremi were excellent, I think playing both of them is too negative, should sacrifice one of them for a creative midfielder.

:) Are you having a giraffe? they were absolutely shite and how people can put up with creating no fucking chances in a home game is beyond me like.

After that performance it's BUMP! back to earth Newcastle! wakey wakey rise n shine.

Not really, maybe it's a bump back down to earth for people who thought we were going to finish 3rd this season..

There were still some positives to take from it. Plus we have can make changes to the team that started. The game was far from being of last two seasons direness standards.

After that performance it's BUMP! back to earth Newcastle! wakey wakey rise n shine.

Not really, maybe it's a bump back down to earth for people who thought we were going to finish 3rd this season..

There were still some positives to take from it. Plus we have can make changes to the team that started. The game was far from being of last two seasons direness standards.

Thats where I'm coming from aye,hence the BUMP! because it still looks like the same old Newcastle to me like,even after the signings they've made,I'm not getting carried away with the takeover just yet.

Has the rot set in already?

Another game we should have won and didn't.

Martins, Viduka, Owen, Ameobe, Smith, Milner, and not a goal between them.

Clean sheet yes, but we should score at home.

We could have lost it in the last 20 minutes.

Love the way Carr gets forward, gets stranded, and is too slow to get back.

Disappointed, felt sure we would win our first at home.

Carr needs to fuck off now! and Milner ran his socks off,Zogg was again to far up his own over hyped arse and Roz is going to be a quality signing,Geremi and Butt had an off day in the middle and Viduka needs a goal.

I need another drink

Zogg was again to far up his own over hyped arse

More bollocks... seriously, maybe not the best final ball, but if there's a player who ran his socks it was him. Playing out of position as well.

PS: "too"

:) Are you having a giraffe? they were absolutely shite and how people can put up with creating no fucking chances in a home game is beyond me like.

Attacking wasn't great for a number of reason, but 0 goals conceded is still 0 goals conceded. Bit more fitness and some more time to work with the system (and no more pissing injuries) and things should be better.

Could still do with that quality attacking/play making midfielder though.

Zogg was again to far up his own over hyped arse

More bollocks... seriously, maybe not the best final ball, but if there's a player who ran his socks it was him. Playing out of position as well.

PS: "too"

Not 100% after a few bacardi's like,still sad.

May not be relevent, but this is what I posted on N-O

Christ on a f****** crutch.

Last week Allardyce was our saviour, now he's worse than scum. Some of you lot need to grow up and realise that this whole club has went through a massive period of change over the summer. For once, things off the pitch are looking brilliant and okay, we haven't had a good result or performance today but we've still managed to pick up 4 points from a possible 6.

This season is transitional. It's all about consolidation and rebuilding. Anyone with half a brain can see that. Those who booed should've been dragged out the stadium by their lapels and shot with s***. It flies in the face of everything BSA has said over the past few weeks.

We are not ran by a bunch of fuckwits anymore and i'm confident Sam will have seen what went on during the game and he'll have the lads on the training pitch on Monday working on sorting it out for Boro.

Thats where I'm coming from aye,hence the BUMP! because it still looks like the same old Newcastle to me like,even after the signings they've made,I'm not getting carried away with the takeover just yet.

A hell of a lot of positives can be taken from this game. OK we played a bit flat and we didn't have the final delivery as we did last week, but it's a million light years better than the shambles we were putting together last season.

I think your post is indicative of the type of person who presumed that the takeover was going to turn NUFC into Premiership champions overnight. It never was - this season is one of rebuilding and re-establishing ourselves.

Tackling was immense as was the midield line. Don't think Butt and Geremi work as well together as perhaps Barton and one of them will but that's all part of the learning curve.

Give it time...