Bellamy outburst stuns Curbishley

Scottish Mag

Craig Bellamy has had a spectacular fall-out with manager Alan Curbishley only a month into his West Ham career.

Bellamy slipped back into his old ways in the wake of West Ham's opening day defeat to Manchester City and exchanged harsh words with his new manager.

Curbishley is believed to be infuriated by his £7.5million striker's latest show of petulance, having earlier insisted the time had come for Bellamy to do his talking on the pitch.

This latest rant is just another in a long list of controversial incidents involving the Wales captain.

Bellamy famously fell out with his former manager at Newcastle, Graeme Souness, over his unwillingness to play on the right wing, a dispute that saw him farmed out on loan to Celtic.

While at Celtic, Bellamy is also alleged to have sent Alan Shearer abusive text messages following Newcastle's loss to Manchester United in the semi-final of the FA Cup, prompting the former England skipper to threaten to 'knock his block off'.

In February this year, while with Liverpool, Bellamy threatened team-mate John Arne Riise with a golf club at a training camp in Portugal.

Kieron Dyer will make his debut for West Ham today after Freddie Ljungberg dramatically pulled out of the squad to face Birmingham through injury.

Midfielder Ljungberg, surprisingly made captain for last week's 2-0 home defeat by Manchester City, did not travel with the team yesterday after damaging his ankle in training.

It means Dyer who, like Ljungberg, is on £70,000 a week after signing from Newcastle, will make his first start for the Hammers against Steve Bruce's side on the right of midfield. Lucas Neill will be skipper at St Andrew's.

Ljungberg made only 25 appearances for Arsenal last term, many as substitute.

No quotes from anyone and probably just paper bullshit, but if it's true: :)

Apparently Cascarino was on the radio a few days back and said that after the match, Bellamy threw his shirt at Curbishley and said "You're worse than fucking Souness" :)

Looks as if Cascarino was telling the truth.

Apparently Cascarino was on the radio a few days back and said that after the match, Bellamy threw his shirt at Curbishley and said "You're worse than fucking Souness" :P

:):P

Apparently Cascarino was on the radio a few days back and said that after the match, Bellamy threw his shirt at Curbishley and said "You're worse than fucking Souness" :P

:):P

Imagine if he pulled that shit with BS, He would be on hospital food for a while I bet :P

howay, curbs isn't that bad shirley

Konchesky slated him after leaving West Ham apparently - also suggested he's not the only one that thinks that way. Curbishley was saying the other day that he's considering legal action against him. :)

Bellamy wouldn't do that with Big Sam, the man commands too much respect. If he can get that disgrace of a person Diouf respecting him then Bellers would also. Same with Sir Bobby, he knew what Bellamy brought to the team (Shearer's legs!) and let him express himself, even the odd outburst; but I doubt Bellamy would ever have really disrespected Bobby.

Edited by bassplayerjj

Bellamy wouldn't do that with Big Sam, the man commands too much respect. If he can get that disgrace of a person Diouf respecting him then Bellers would also. Same with Sir Bobby, he knew what Bellamy brought to the team (Shearer's legs!) and let him express himself, even the odd outburst; but I doubt Bellamy would ever have really disrespected Bobby.

Craig Bellamy doesn't know the meaning of the word respect tbh. He's a horrible little twat. I'm not saying that Curbishley isn't a wanker, cos he may well be, but Bellamy will be an arsehole no matter who's managing him.

Craig Bellamy doesn't know the meaning of the word respect tbh. He's a horrible little twat. I'm not saying that Curbishley isn't a wanker, cos he may well be, but Bellamy will be an arsehole no matter who's managing him.

yeah, but he's also a player, and you have to treat the arsehole in the right way, not just fuck it all up like Souness who got his hands dirty in doing so...

yeah, but he's also a player, and you have to treat the arsehole in the right way, not just fuck it all up like Souness who got his hands dirty in doing so...

Since being here, Bellamy has put Benitez's nose out of joint, and now Curbishley's. Not to mention hoying a chair at the first team coach when he was here. There's one common denominator in all of this and it's not Graeme Souness. Souness may or may not have handled Bellamy badly, but Bellamy is doing a good job of going about showing that there IS no right way to handle him.

Since being here, Bellamy has put Benitez's nose out of joint, and now Curbishley's. Not to mention hoying a chair at the first team coach when he was here. There's one common denominator in all of this and it's not Graeme Souness. Souness may or may not have handled Bellamy badly, but Bellamy is doing a good job of going about showing that there IS no right way to handle him.

I suspect some managers would handle him better than others (Robson did ok with him and I expect Allardyce might too), but equally no manager is really every going to be able to be sure he's isn't going to have one of his little fits.

Also I bet a lot of good managers wouldn't last a week with him, not because the are stupid, or even bad at man management, but just because he's such an egotistical little twit.

Didn't Robson say he had no trouble with him? Or was that Robert?

He said Bellamy was 'a rascal' but nothing more than that. He also said Robert caused him more grief than any other player except Romario.

Makes him sound like Dennis the bloody Menace. Did Robson cast himself in the Sgt. Slipper role?