Booing

duckerDavies

Last season we won it. :)

Villa are a better side now than most people think. They set up pretty defensively and it was hard to break them down. I will certainly be expecting a better performance against Boro though, but i'm not worried at the moment, far from it.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tbf, there was little evidence of the good work yesterday.

Sure there was, we came up against a good, organised side and didn't lose. ok we were poor in the final 3rd but so what, its a work in progress, last year we would have lost that game.

Bring back Roeder! And the pie man!

tbf, there was little evidence of the good work yesterday.

Sure there was, we came up against a good, organised side and didn't lose. ok we were poor in the final 3rd but so what, its a work in progress, last year we would have lost that game.

Bring back Roeder! And the pie man!

"Glenn Roeder doesn't think Glenn Roeder could improve things."

Tbf though, it seems like booing has become the norm for at all the big clubs if they don't beat someone they're expected to at home. I thought the booing on Saturday was especially pathetic when you consider it was the second game of a new managers season, but then I think sadly that we have a section of the crowd who actually quite enjoy it.

Tbf though, it seems like booing has become the norm for at all the big clubs if they don't beat someone they're expected to at home. I thought the booing on Saturday was especially pathetic when you consider it was the second game of a new managers season, but then I think sadly that we have a section of the crowd who actually quite enjoy it.

Sad but true, theres a group of supporters who revel in it, they'll boo at half time, full time at individual players and the prime example is the Dyer situation where its more important to these people to show him how much they hate him then it is to provide and uplifting atmosphere for him and the rest oft he team to try and help them win.

Its never going to go away unfortunately, even if we went on a great run of wins, the second a poor draw or defeat came along the booing would be there, just not as loud as if it was shit every week.

Sad but true, theres a group of supporters who revel in it, they'll boo at half time, full time at individual players and the prime example is the Dyer situation where its more important to these people to show him how much they hate him then it is to provide and uplifting atmosphere for him and the rest oft he team to try and help them win.

Its never going to go away unfortunately, even if we went on a great run of wins, the second a poor draw or defeat came along the booing would be there, just not as loud as if it was shit every week.

While not agreeing with the booing or joining in with it, it's understandable, given the length of time we've gone without a goal at home, and the fact we tried 4 strikers and none of them had a shot on goal.

I thought the noise we made at kick off and for the first few minutes was immense, seemed like everyone was REALLY behind the team and new management. The lack of response from the players would have angered a few of the more impatient fans who want instant success.

While not agreeing with the booing or joining in with it, it's understandable, given the length of time we've gone without a goal at home, and the fact we tried 4 strikers and none of them had a shot on goal.

I thought the noise we made at kick off and for the first few minutes was immense, seemed like everyone was REALLY behind the team and new management. The lack of response from the players would have angered a few of the more impatient fans who want instant success.

You're defending absolute morons though really. I mean, it's only understandable if you allow for how absolutely clueless the people doing the booing are, given the circumstances.

You're defending absolute morons though really. I mean, it's only understandable if you allow for how absolutely clueless the people doing the booing are, given the circumstances.

I think it was as moronic on Saturday as it was at any point last season.

I think it was as moronic on Saturday as it was at any point last season.

More so in my view.

I heard the booing. Quickly drowned out, though.

What was more worrying was the abject silence in the ground. I could hear the players talking to each other!

For shame! We're not the Burra. Show some support!

I heard the booing. Quickly drowned out, though.

What was more worrying was the abject silence in the ground. I could hear the players talking to each other!

For shame! We're not the Burra. Show some support!

It was deafening at kick off, was confined to a few areas for 15 minutes, then became deathly, except for a minute when Owen got on the pitch.

Better atmosphere than most home games last year though.