Harper

duckerDavies

He Really needs to find a team in the premier league that could give him first time football week in week out.Whenever we need him he never seems rusty even though he hardly ever plays.

If he could go out and use the talent that he has,He would easily be England's number 1.

Stop Wasting the Talent you have man.

Edited by duckerDavies

Credit the lad for staying with us so long when obviously he has enough talent to be a No.1 elsewhere.

Perhaps he's the loyalty kind who is content enough playing 2nd fiddle, content enough with his wages, happy enough to stay in the North East, and perhaps he's not overly ambitious and is happy enough with his lot and doing the best he can.

More power to him, sometimes moves don't turn out for the best.

loyalty or lack of ambition?

Well he has nearly left twice.

But then under Gullit and Robson he also keep Given out of the team.

I think really he's just had bad luck and Given exceptionally good luck with regard to injuries.

Either way we've been luck to have him as a mostly back up keeper for so long.

Do you reckon he'll get a testimonial?

Aye but he'll only come on if Given gets a knock.

He could play upfront. Great save from Reo-Coker's shot, as has been said.

He Really needs to find a team in the premier league that could give him first time football week in week out.Whenever we need him he never seems rusty even though he hardly ever plays.

If he could go out and use the talent that he has,He would easily be England's number 1.

:):):P:P:P:P:P:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Comment straight from N-O

Credit the lad for staying with us so long when obviously he has enough talent to be a No.1 elsewhere.

Perhaps he's the loyalty kind who is content enough playing 2nd fiddle, content enough with his wages, happy enough to stay in the North East, and perhaps he's not overly ambitious and is happy enough with his lot and doing the best he can.

More power to him, sometimes moves don't turn out for the best.

I said pretty much that in a different thread a few weeks ago. Iirc it was suggested we got rid and made way for Krul if Harps didn't have the ambition. I disagreed. I think he's a valuable player for us. We have the luxury of a top 1st keeper and an extremely capable backup. I wish we played him a bit more, like in the European games maybe - which admittedly we have done a little.

A mate of a mate of a mate knows him and apparently hes had a few decent clubs in for him over the years but his whole family and all his friends are up here and hes more than happy to build up a retirement fund whilst living the easy life.

Not exactly ambitious but cant say i blame him

:icon_lol::rolleyes::D:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Comment straight from N-O

I very much doubt he could have been an England No 1 (although given some who have been, I dunno so much). But I think if he'd have been a regular no 1 at a Premiership side (which he easily could have been) then a regular in the England squad wouldn't seem unreasonable.