*puts tenner on ManU to get relegated*

Asprilla

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Much as I like to see Man Utd getting beaten, I hate the fact that City look like they could go on to have a very good season.

I'm not sure I'd go that far yet.

They've had a good start, but a long way to go yet (not even Sven's luck can hold out for that long :)).

Much as I like to see Man Utd getting beaten, I hate the fact that City look like they could go on to have a very good season.

They've had a good start, but a long way to go yet (not even Sven's luck can hold out for that long :)).

Love the way some people blinker their opinions of Sven on their disatisfaction of his role as England coach. His club record is awesome and it's no suprise to me that Citeh have started the season as they have.

Love the way some people blinker their opinions of Sven on their disatisfaction of his role as England coach. His club record is awesome and it's no suprise to me that Citeh have started the season as they have.

As is his international record imo.

Much of the media criticism has proved to be in opposition to the high level of player and overall public apreciation and approval and subsequent to Eriksson's return to UK Premier League (Club) football, independent polls have revealed an average of 80% in his favour which has done much to limit further press attacks which those involved now realise are counter to public opinion and a fact based analysis of Erikssons history and achievements.

Full credit to Sven but it's very very early days yet, Wigan are sitting in a Champions League spot at the moment for fuck sake.

As is his international record imo.

Much of the media criticism has proved to be in opposition to the high level of player and overall public apreciation and approval and subsequent to Eriksson's return to UK Premier League (Club) football, independent polls have revealed an average of 80% in his favour which has done much to limit further press attacks which those involved now realise are counter to public opinion and a fact based analysis of Erikssons history and achievements.

Oh I totally agree - i was talking about people's perceptions of his style of play rather than his record. He's one of the best managers out there, might not manage teams that play the most attractive football but he gets results. Had the rumours of him coming to SJP had any foundation, i'd have been more than happy.

i always fancied sven to be well in the premiership. wouldn't surprise me if city do better under him than we do under big sam

Probably, as he's a far better manager than Allardyce.

i always fancied sven to be well in the premiership. wouldn't surprise me if city do better under him than we do under big sam

Probably, as he's a far better manager than Allardyce.

Alot of people who know the square root of fuck all about football have slated Sven, personally I've always felt he was a good manager, infact I would of liked to have seen him manage us :)

:)

Jesus you're a fickle bunch...

He was slated by the world and his wife after the World Cup (and rightly so)...slagged for his shagathons and love of big fat contracts, tactical ineptitude and lack of passion. He wins 3 games and suddenly everyone wants him... :)

:P

Jesus you're a fickle bunch...

He was slated by the world and his wife after the World Cup (and rightly so)...slagged for his shagathons and love of big fat contracts, tactical ineptitude and lack of passion. He wins 3 games and suddenly everyone wants him... :)

Don't tar everyone with your broad brush, I was getting shite for saying this months ago tbh.

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...st&p=324517

:)

Not that it pleases me, might still come back to haunt me in the long run though, hopefully.

reckon we'll finish within a few points of them (either above or below). the difference, they have some very good creative players and we currently don't, wheras we have a better defensive unit (comparitively). if we fix this i can see us doing a lot better.

They've had a good start, but a long way to go yet (not even Sven's luck can hold out for that long :icon_lol:).

Big spending and luck, just like this season (so far). :rolleyes:

What did Sven do to beat Man U? Nicked 1 goal with almost the only chance in the game and just held on.

He's not a terrible manager, but he is a very lucky one.

They've had a good start, but a long way to go yet (not even Sven's luck can hold out for that long :rolleyes:).

Big spending and luck, just like this season (so far). :D

What did Sven do to beat Man U? Nicked 1 goal with almost the only chance in the game and just held on.

I'd love to have a lucky manager. :icon_lol:

They've had a good start, but a long way to go yet (not even Sven's luck can hold out for that long :icon_lol:).

Big spending and luck, just like this season (so far). :rolleyes:

Ferguson too. I mean, all them goals in the 94th minute. 2 in the European cup. And Alf Ramsey. It was NEVER over the line, and Benitez, Mourinho is spot on to bring up that goal that wasn't every time anyone mentions the scousers.

But Erikson is the luckiest of all, to lose only 5 competitive games over the space of 6 years as England manager was the spakiest thing I've ever seen.