*puts tenner on ManU to get relegated*

Asprilla

Sven's won things at every club he's managed so far.

Yup Premiership and Champions League next with Man City. :icon_lol:

In 4/5 years if Sinatra continues to pump money in as he has been doing then why not?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a fact though Fop. You may not rate him but he's been a very successful manager in his time.

In 4/5 years if Sinatra continues to pump money in as he has been doing then why not?

Because a rich benefactor could never buy a "sleeping giant" club, install a successful, defensive-minded pragmatist of a manager, commit large amounts of money to buying players and challenge the status quo of the... oh, hang on.

Was watching MOTD 2 with me mum on sunday night and when they showed that bit of fergie when Tevez missed, my mum goes "Ha Ha Ha you bastard!!".

Where the hell did that come from? :rolleyes:

:icon_lol: Class!

Was watching MOTD 2 with me mum on sunday night and when they showed that bit of fergie when Tevez missed, my mum goes "Ha Ha Ha you bastard!!".

Where the hell did that come from? :rolleyes:

:icon_lol: Class!

I think she thinks we're still close rivals. Bless.

We'll see. :D

Yup Premiership and Champions League next with Man City. :rolleyes:

It's a fact though Fop. You may not rate him but he's been a very lucky manager in his time.

FYP. :lol:

Because a rich benefactor could never buy a "sleeping giant" club, install a successful, defensive-minded pragmatist of a manager, commit large amounts of money to buying players and challenge the status quo of the... oh, hang on.

If you're talking about us (although I suspect you're talking about Sunderland :rolleyes: ) , I'm not sure KK was a "successful, defensive-minded pragmatist of a manager" and if you're talking about Allardyce, well we ain't done anything yet.

We'll see. :lol:

Yup Premiership and Champions League next with Man City. :D

It's a fact though Fop. You may not rate him but he's been a very lucky manager in his time.

Are you denying he has been successful then? :icon_lol:

Nope.

But are you saying he's going to win the Premiership or Champions League with Man C?

I thought he meant Chelsea.

Chelsea were a lot more successful than Newcastle or Man City when bought, and I'd be surprised to see THAT much money pumped into them (even Chelski don't spend like Chelski anymore).

Although interestingly the manager they got rid of for Jose Bonaparte, spend a lot less time unemployed than Sven.

Nope.

But are you saying he's going to win the Premiership or Champions League with Man C?

And where did I say that? I was making a point about his track record. I thought that was obvious. You brought that last bit up, not me, seemingly (and rather bizarrely imo) to counter what I'd said about his past achievements.

I thought he meant Chelsea.

Chelsea were a lot more successful than Newcastle or Man City when bought, and I'd be surprised to see THAT much money pumped into them (even Chelski don't spend like Chelski anymore).

Although interestingly the manager they got rid of for Jose Bonaparte, spend a lot less time unemployed than Sven.

You'd have to ask Meenzer who he meant to be honest.

Decent stadium, decent fanbase, good location, good manager and it seems like plenty of money. In time they could well be challenging the top 4, give me some good reasons why they can't?

Decent stadium, decent fanbase, good location, good manager and it seems like plenty of money. In time they could well be challenging the top 4, give me some good reasons why they can't?

Top 4 isn't winning the Premiership, even 2nd isn't winning it.

And "challenging" the top 4 could actually mean anything from 5th to 8th.

So do you think Sven and Man C are going to win the Premiership? If so why? And if not why not?

Edited by Fop

Nope.

And where did I say that? I was making a point about his track record. I thought that was obvious. You brought that last bit up, not me, seemingly (and rather bizarrely imo) to counter what I'd said about his past achievements.

(same place I "denied" he'd been successful I guess :lol:)

But he's been "successful" by winning stuff.

Not sure if him steering Man C to 8th (or whatever) would be defined as successful, but winning the Premiership (or a European Cup) with them certainly would fit that definition.

Edited by Fop

So do you think Sven and Man C are going to win the Premiership? If so why? And if not why not?

I'm not fucking Nostradamus, I can't say they're definetly going to win it or even come close, similarly I can't say that Liverpool or Arsenal are going to win it or come close. What I'm saying is that they have more potential than most to do it.

I'm not fucking Nostradamus, I can't say they're definetly going to win it or even come close, similarly I can't say that Liverpool or Arsenal are going to win it or come close. What I'm saying is that they have more potential than most to do it.

Actually being as vague as that you COULD be Nostradamus. :icon_lol:

(same place I "denied" he'd been successful I guess :icon_lol:)

Not sure if him steering Man C to 8th (or whatever) would be defined as successful, but winning the Premiership (or a European Cup) with them certainly would fit that definition.

Well, you did change that word in my post. That's where the idea came from.

Getting back to the point then, do you think Sven is a good manager?

I think he's a decent manager that gets the rub of the green more than most.

I don't think he's a great tactical genius however, he doesn't seem to read the game and then make game changing/winning decisions so much as sit there and hope unless he's forced to do something (or occasionally try to defend a slender lead which back fired on him with England once or twice).

Robson at the very end of his days was much more likely to spot a chance to make a change that would favour his team.

Well you can be successful by being lucky (in fact most are, just the degree that is in question).

Getting back to the point then, do you think Sven is a good manager?

I think he's a decent manager that gets the rub of the green more than most.

I don't think he's a great tactical genius however, he doesn't seem to read the game and then make game changing/winning decisions so much as sit there and hope unless he's forced to do something (or occasionally try to defend a slender lead which back fired on him with England once or twice).

Robson at the very end of his days was much more likely to spot a chance to make a change that would favour his team.

So you reckon everything he has won is mostly down to his luck?

Did you see much of him before he was England manager?

Well you can be successful by being lucky (in fact most are, just the degree that is in question).

I don't see it as that big a factor. If someone is successful for a long time there's a lot more than luck going on. You seem to be attributing a pretty large degree of his success to luck though, unless I'm mistaken, whereas I don't.