A case for the defence

Row Z

Especially Rozenhal, he seems a very competent player.

Also good to see Geremi and Butt helping out the defence too. I reckon Sam is trying to make us solid defensively and knows we have players who can "nick a goal", and if we can remain solid we will win our fair share of matches.

ok it might not be for the purists but i can see us keeping a fair few clean sheets this season.

i'll be honest and say i rate all of our defense reasonably highly except carr.

once we replace him i reckon we'll be pretty damn good defensively.

rozenhal will be an excellent buy for us, i have a mate whose a PSG fan and he stated we were getting an absolute bargain. he's right so far.

No-one mentioned Steven Taylor, who was an absolute fucking holocaust yesterday?

Aye he had a shocker. There was one moment wher ehe had around 50yards of space to take it out of defence and he still got caught in posession!

He also seems to be fond of the Bramble School of 'Look how well i can ping a ball for a defender'. Except that they always go straight to the other team.

No-one mentioned Steven Taylor, who was an absolute fucking holocaust yesterday?

Aye he had a shocker. There was one moment wher ehe had around 50yards of space to take it out of defence and he still got caught in posession!

He also seems to be fond of the Bramble School of 'Look how well i can ping a ball for a defender'. Except that they always go straight to the other team.

A shocker? :)

I thought he had a mare like. Got away with it though. And while it's not quite make or break time for Taylor, it's a big year for him. He should easily go past 100 senior appearances for the club this season so he needs to start finding some consistent form.

Rozenthal was a class act against Villa, looks like he has a canny shot on him too!

Wasn't impressed with Geremi though, hope it was just an off day like.

Carr did ok and N'Zogbia did some good things but gave the ball away too much.

However Taylor looked like he had his head in the clouds after his England call-up. If Micah Richards is transformed to a centre half Taylor wont get a look in internationally.

Rozenthal was good - Zog was ok but he had the beating of his man and never went past hin - carr got a slagging in the papers but i didn't think he was that bad until he started to tire - taylor wants to be careful he doesn't turn himself into a liability - he got caught in possession too often poncing about

Rozenthal was a class act against Villa, looks like he has a canny shot on him too!

Wasn't impressed with Geremi though, hope it was just an off day like.

Carr did ok and N'Zogbia did some good things but gave the ball away too much.

However Taylor looked like he had his head in the clouds after his England call-up. If Micah Richards is transformed to a centre half Taylor wont get a look in internationally.

taylor is delusional if he thinks he'd be an england regular in the next 2-3 ears. Micah richards has the lot for me. very good player and played outstandingly well against manchester utd as he has all season.

Edited by canofbeans